Windows 7 Where can I get Windows 7 best themes? How do I patch uxtheme in Windows 7?

Lukasz

Where can I get Windows 7 best themes? How do I patch uxtheme in Windows 7? I have Windows 7 HomePremium

The main aim of patching uxtheme.dll is to allow us to install third party custom themes designed for [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]windows [COLOR=blue !important]7.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Link Removed - Invalid URL

The patching of uxtheme.dll in windows 7 is not a easy task as it involves the taking ownership of files, renaming, Backing up of files etc.
How to Patch Uxtheme.dll in Windows 7

1. Download Uxtheme patch Files
2. Login to Your Windows 7 with User having administrator privileges
3. Open you’re my Computer and Navigate to Following Directory
C:\Windows\system32\ (change driver letter as per your windows 7 installation)
4. Locate following three files in C:\Windows\system32\ directory (change driver letter as per your windows 7 installation).
uxtheme.dll
themeui.dll
shsvcs.dll
5. Take Ownership of each of these files
6. Grant Full Permission to yourself on each of these files
7. Rename uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.old , themeui.dll to themeui.old & shsvcs.dll to shsvcs.old
8. Copy downloaded patch files and paste in C:\Windows\system32\ directory
(change driver letter as per your windows 7 installation). Downloaded files is in .RAR format, thus requires you to use WinRAR to use the files.
9. Reboot Your Windows 7
That’s it now your Windows 7 is ready to get customized with custom third party Windows 7 themes and msstyle.

You can download patches and the required WinRAR in below address.
Uxtheme Patches - Within Windows

Below are additional Win7 themes can be downloaded for free:
Personalization Gallery - Windows 7 themes, wallpapers, and gadgets - Microsoft Windows

26 Awesome Windows 7 Themes

Windows 7 Themes

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Have fun!!:razz:

Alternatively, you can go to Link Removed - Invalid URL and download their VistaGlazz utility (it works in Win7, also) - takes all the guesswork out of patching those files.

Back