Windows 7 Where Is The Default Account Picture?

CChamp

Hi all,
First time here. My question is this. I have an HP laptop with Windows 7. The little square account picture that shows up at the password page and then again on the top of the start menu is a blue background with an HP in the middle.

I changed the picture just to try it and now when I go back to change the picture back to the blue HP it is no longer showing in the list of pics to use. I know it is still on the computer but don't know where.

Does anyone know where that original picture might be located? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure where it goes,,,but why don't you Google the image you want, save it somewhere,,,and go back to where you changed the pic originally and set the new one as the default !

Just an idea

I'm not sure where it goes,,,but why don't you Google the image you want, save it somewhere,,,and go back to where you changed the pic originally and set the new one as the default !

Just an idea

Great Idea but I already tried that and couldn't find the exact picture that I was looking for.

Try This !

You should be able to add the default Icons back by right-clicking the start button and select Properties.
Click the Customize button and click Use Default Settings.
Then right-click the Desktop and select Personalize and choose the theme you want.
Then click the Change Desktop icons link and choose the ones you want.

Hope it helps !

Q. Where Is The Default Account Picture?

for windows 7

double click on my computer ------ Organize ------- In folder option's click on view -------- in advanced setting's enable the show hidden files,folders,and drives ------ apply than ok.
now close my computer...
after follow the instruction

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures :D:D

Re: Q. Where Is The Default Account Picture?

close but no banana here it is:
"C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\HP\user.bmp"
now you don't have to spend hours on google deciding.
hp for life

Last edited:
Back