Windows 11 Which processor

Notech

Morning all i have enabled tpm2 on my motherboard and ran the compatability checker but says my AM4 AMD A8 9600 cpu does not meet the requirements ?It appears that it actually does meet the specs but not supported so a little confused, i bought the system about 8 months ago not top spec but more than reasonable for my needs.
It has an Asrock 320M motherboard with AM4 sockect and onboard graphics i beleive, my question is do you think they will update thier list and include my current processor or would i be forced to by another and if so which one at resonable cost ? Seems like many are saying are forcing and upgrade which shouldn't be requiried thanks for any replies
ps if you install windows 11 from iso with non supported cpu will you receive updates ?

Last edited:
You may have purchased it recently, but it doesn't look like that's a newer CPU (released in 2017). It's up in the air on whether or not Microsoft will withhold security updates or not. You have until 2025 before Windows 10 is EOL.

I also was informed that my CPU isn't supported, although when I go to the list of supported CPU's it shows up.

I5 6400 2.2ghz

Gen 6 cpus are not supported you'll need to get to a supported 7 or 8th gen CPU. The system should support one of those since it's the same socket

That's your choice. Apple computers come with an extra 20% markup, are extremely difficult to fix and Apple is even worse about backwards compatibility.

I'm still hoping that my CPU will be added to the list but if not which CPU preferably with onboard graphics would be compatible ? Or if failing that can I create a bootable USB and do a clean install but would I receive updates ? Thanks for any replies

Back