Why can i use only 2,75GB (Ram) if i have 4gb andthe 64 bits version of windows 7?

I don't understand, i believe that installing the 64 bits version i could use more ram memory. where is the problem?Can i do something?

translating the image: installed memory (RAM): 4,00 GB (2,75 GB usable)

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Check your bios, is some being shared with the graphics perhaps?

i entered in BIOS and i didn't see anything about ram shared. I only can read: Ram memory: 4096 Mb

busydog

i entered in BIOS and i didn't see anything about ram shared. I only can read: Ram memory: 4096 Mb
I assume that your video is on the MOBO. You might try using a PCI or PCIe video card and see if you can reclaim some ram.

eh i solved the problem!
i just have to update the bios! and i have know 3,75 usable. Thank you for your help

lorenkjr1

Extraordinary Member
Thats correct if true as I have an internal graphics card with shared memory. And more or less thats about what you will get. Also do you have programs that are running after boot up? As I do, the memory will further decrease. Some of the Internet Security type programs take up tp say plus or minus 200 megs.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
eh i solved the problem!
i just have to update the bios! and i have know 3,75 usable. Thank you for your help
Great! Thanks for updating your thread..:)

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.