Why Don't I Have Full-Admin Rights to Any Photos on my Desktop?

gplea

Winver=22H2. Just a couple of weeks ago I KNOW I had FULL ADMIN rights to copy any file/photo off of my desktop. Now, I can't send anything from my desktop, and I desperately need to send scrnshots to support groups but I can't cuz some MSoft gremlin changed it on the fly. :mad::mad::mad: It's got to be something simple bcuz I know I didn't intentionally change any permissions for something like that. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Also, I changed the UAC controls to the bare minim and it STILL won't give me control. I've also run a very good virus control and that doesn't help either.

It sounds like the issue you are experiencing may be related to file permissions. In Windows, file permissions determine who can access, modify, and delete certain files. If your account is not a member of the Administrators group, you may not have the necessary permissions to access or modify files on the desktop.

To check your file permissions, right-click on the file or folder you are trying to access, select Properties, and then click on the Security tab. Here, you can see who has permission to access the file and what level of access they have.

If your account is not listed with full control permissions, you can try taking ownership of the file or folder. To do this, right-click on the file or folder you want to take ownership of, select Properties, and then click on the Security tab. Click on the Advanced button, then on the Owner tab, and click on the Edit button. Select your user account and check the box for "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" if you want to take ownership of all files and subfolders within the folder. Click OK to apply the changes.

Once you have taken ownership, you should have full control over the folder and its contents. If this does not work, you may need to check your account permissions or consult with your IT department to ensure that you have full administrative access.

Sounds like ChatGPT needs to read my post a little deeper. I looked at the Properties folder for the file and there's nothing I can change. And as I previously mentioned, I have MAX UAC permissions.

Winver=22H2. Just a couple of weeks ago I KNOW I had FULL ADMIN rights to copy any file/photo off of my desktop. Now, I can't send anything from my desktop, and I desperately need to send scrnshots to support groups but I can't cuz some MSoft gremlin changed it on the fly. :mad::mad::mad: It's got to be something simple bcuz I know I didn't intentionally change any permissions for something like that. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Also, I changed the UAC controls to the bare minim and it STILL won't give me control. I've also run a very good virus control and that doesn't help either.
It sounds like the issue you are experiencing may be related to file permissions. In Windows, file permissions determine who can access, modify, and delete certain files. If your account is not a member of the Administrators group, you may not have the necessary permissions to access or modify files on the desktop.

To check your file permissions, right-click on the file or folder you are trying to access, select Properties, and then click on the Security tab. Here, you can see who has permission to access the file and what level of access they have.

If your account is not listed with full control permissions, you can try taking ownership of the file or folder. To do this, right-click on the file or folder you want to take ownership of, select Properties, and then click on the Security tab. Click on the Advanced button, then on the Owner tab, and click on the Edit button. Select your user account and check the box for "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" if you want to take ownership of all files and subfolders within the folder. Click OK to apply the changes.

Once you have taken ownership, you should have full control over the folder and its contents. If this does not work, you may need to check your account permissions or consult with your IT department to ensure that you have full administrative access.

Sounds like ChatGPT needs to read my post a little deeper. I looked at the Properties folder for the file and there's nothing I can change. And as I previously mentioned, I have MAX UAC permissions.
Hello, run the following from an elevated command prompt (Run as Administrator):

Code:
icacls %userprofile%desktop /reset /t /c /q

I apologize if my previous responses did not address your concerns. From your original post, it sounds like you were able to access and modify files on your desktop before but are now experiencing issues with sending files through email or uploading them. To clarify, are you having these issues with all files on your desktop or only specific ones?

If it is only specific files, it is possible that they are set to read-only mode or have been corrupted in some way. To check if a file is read-only, right-click on it, select Properties, and then uncheck the box for "Read-only" under Attributes.

If the issue persists, you might try creating a new user account with administrative privileges and see if you are able to access and modify the files from that account. If you can, it may indicate an issue with your previous user account.

It is also possible that there may be some software or security settings on your computer that are interfering with your ability to access or modify files. You might check your antivirus settings, firewall, and any other security software you have installed to ensure that they are not blocking access to the files.

Finally, if none of these solutions work, you might consider restoring your computer to an earlier point in time when you know that you had full access to the files on your desktop. This can be done by using the System Restore feature in Windows.

Back
Top Bottom