Windows 10 Wi-Fi problem

Storms

So I have a dell Inspiron with windows 10 installed. For months my issue seems to possibly be the WiFi adapter.

Once connected to WIFI everything works normal. A few minutes later, I lose connection and every WiFi connection (besides the one I’m connected to) disappears from the connections list and whenever this happens my internet stops working.

I uninstall the WiFi adapter, reboot, and connect again. Within minutes to hours the same thing happens again.

I’ve tried a lot to solve this including reinstalling windows multiple times!

At this point I think it must be a hardware issue? Any advice

Is your WiFi stable, is this the only one that loses the connection? If you have some Andriod at hand, the app "WiFi Analyzer" may help.

I doubt it, but this is worth looking at

1654681069210.png

Is your WiFi stable, is this the only one that loses the connection? If you have some Andriod at hand, the app "WiFi Analyzer" may help.
Correct. It’s my specific laptop device doing this. Regardless of using my phones hotspot or any other WIFI connection this problem occurs.

All of the networks that I’m not connected to disappear from show list. That is why I’m thinking it might be a hardware issue?

If this were some form of corruption, would it survive a re-install?

Thank you guys

A note: going back the troubleshooter would temporarily fix this by “resetting the WiFi-adapter” but this would only fix it for a few minutes.

Are the drivers for your WiFi from Dell? If not try downloading and installing them from Dell.
Did this issue occurred after some change or upgrade?
What happens if you connect your Dell on another place to another network?

sounds like the router is lossing power... old homes tend to drop amps when the microwave is on at the same time as the heater and the oven... the way to test and best fix is to use an ups [uninterruptible power supply]

they start at around $200 but don't buy a 2nd hand one or not rated for your country because they will explode which causes other issues
p.s check the plug before spending money of course

Last edited:
sounds like the router is lossing power... old homes tend to drop amps when the microwave is on at the same time as the heater and the oven... the way to test and best fix is to use an ups [uninterruptible power supply]

they start at around $200 but don't buy a 2nd hand one or not rated for your country because they will explode which causes other issues
p.s check the plug before spending money of course
Unfortunately, I have taken it to work and the WIFI there netted the same problem.

is it trying to upgrade to W11... disappearing networks could be a software issue because networks are disabbled as part of the auto-Microsoft-update scripts

in any event I would replace the harddrive and fresh install Windows with whatever chipset/ network drivers the makers site has listed... if that doesn't sort it then the issue is faultly hardware and its time to start shopping for a replacement

is it trying to upgrade to W11... disappearing networks could be a software issue because networks are disabbled as part of the auto-Microsoft-update scripts

in any event I would replace the harddrive and fresh install Windows with whatever chipset/ network drivers the makers site has listed... if that doesn't sort it then the issue is faultly hardware and its time to start shopping for a replacement
It shows an option to check if compatible for win 11. Sometimes when I restart after uninstalling the driver it gives me a driver power state failure upon reboot. Any indications there ?

3 options
incompatible drivers installed
outdated drivers or location of drivers [i.e, the harddrive is failing] .. ime its normally the first one because Microsoft [or the user] replaced the makers chipset drivers with some crap

i would still replace the drive and fresh Windows but the other option is just buy another laptop

This sounds like a hardware problem. The wireless card is typically accessible under a panel on the back and will have two wires(antenna) coming off it. You can try restarting the card and cables but I suspect the card is bad. You should be able to easily replace the card.

Hey guys. I have the same issue as Mr. Storms here. But I think changing the hardware antenna won´t help, It must be software issue, because the same thing started happening to my friend at the same time. I already tried reinstalling both notebooks, the problem still occurs. :(

Hey guys. I have the same issue as Mr. Storms here. But I think changing the hardware antenna won´t help, It must be software issue, because the same thing started happening to my friend at the same time. I already tried reinstalling both notebooks, the problem still occurs. :(
It seems It has been fixed. I did a driver rollback and no issues since.

I will update if the problem returns. Going on about a week with no interruptions now ! thank you all.

Last edited:
Lucky you, I already tried drivers from 2019,2018 and 2017 and the problem occurs on all three. I have to manually download it, because in drivers properties my rollback option is grey and cannot click on it. Guess I have to try until 2000. :D :D

This sounds like a hardware problem. The wireless card is typically accessible under a panel on the back and will have two wires(antenna) coming off it. You can try restarting the card and cables but I suspect the card is bad. You should be able to easily replace the card.
And for anyone interested, I did attempt this but no luck.

Somehow I think my driver got updated and I just did a rollback to fix this.
Lucky you, I already tried drivers from 2019,2018 and 2017 and the problem occurs on all three. I have to manually download it, because in drivers properties my rollback option is grey and cannot click on it. Guess I have to try until 2000. :D :D
You know something, Im almost positive my option was greyed out too until I did a windows reset/restore. I could be wrong but just mentioning it. I feel like I can think again ! I almost bought a new laptop. Good luck.

OH wow. That sucks. I would try restore and the time you have connected use it to update your OS. If you have windows you might have to tick that power save option off again after reinstalling driver.

Let us know if you figure it out.

Back