Windows 7 WI-FI STOPPED WORKING AT HOTEL AFTER A FEW HOURS...OTHERS OK.

johngunner

Ok, this has been a pain all day for me. Last night, I realized that my wi-fi was no longer working, but my other two laptops work fine. I looked at the IP addy and it said that media was disconnected.

I dont recall any changes...AT ALL.

it says im connected with limited access, but says above it that its still trying to identify the network...

Any ideas? I am stressed out!

JB

I am a little confuse. All all 3 laptops in the hotel?

If you were using one on a public network, you may have to get it to connect your private network before it gains full connectivity. Checking the Network and Sharing Center may give your best information.

Any chance the hotel is limiting your access?

You could compare the internet settings on the computers by opening a command window and typing ipconfig /all to see if any differences occur.

About I can suggest is you reboot your system and try to re-establish. Maybe wait until one of the others systems has logged off and try again...

What security solution do you use on your computer? Often times firewalls can block internet access. The latest version of AVG 2012 (SP1 beta) caused this issue for me. Try temporarily disabling your firewall and connecting again.

Back