Windows Vista WIFI CONNECTION FIX on orange livebox on 64 bit OS system

jonci

Ok this won't help everyone, but will help all those in the UK using Orange live box and WIFI .

The livebox WILL connect despite orange saying it won't work in 64 bit OS, (i know because i phoned them) to the internet via cable without having to reinstall it.
You CANNOT use the Speedtouch 121g wireless adaptor, as it deffinately does not support vista 64bit. despite what orange tell you.

Belkin works fine for windows 7, using vista drivers.
simply plug it in and let windows pick it up as a new device, it will not load drivers though.
go to Belkin site Belkin : Support
then click on network adaptors picture or follow this link Belkin : Support : Network Adapters

follow the select 1 button then click on type
follow the select 2 button then click model
follow the select 3 button hit a version then check model (if you struggle for version check the device sticker) failing that just click on any of them, it will then link to a picture of the device and by checking the model no it will tell you which version it is.
scroll down page to correct version and download the correct driver (vista 32 or 64).
save it then run it.
follow instructions and put in your live box key and ID make sure its correct or it won't connect.
as an example of speed (i downloaded nvidea drivers in 2.4 seconds using wireless good luck)

Back