wifi in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Jinguman, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Jinguman

Jinguman New Member

Hello all. I just bought a new laptop Acer 5740 with windows 7 yesterday. I installed the drivers from the Acer DVD given. I would like to know how to use wifi in Windows 7. Yesterday was the first day , using Win 7 , so totally dont know anything about it. In the lower taskbar I can see some connections (Airtel broadband , xxxxx Hotspot) , so does that mean it can recieve those ? But when am clicking on those to connect , it cannot giving an error message to troubleshoot.
    Another query , can i install XP on i5 procy ? Because am a XP fanboy , and would like to setup XP as my dualboot option.

2. Radenight

Radenight New Member

From the sounds of it, what you are seeing are indeed connections that your comp has found.. Not being able to connect to them could be from a variety of things such as bad signal, the connection could be encrypted, etc.. There is an option in Windows 7 that will allow you to filter out connections so all that is left are networks that you can actually connect to.. ;) Fool around with the settings some and you'll find these and a few other helpful tools/options.. ;)

As far as running Windows XP on a core i5 processor, yes, it should run just fine... Just remember when setting up a dual boot system you have to install the OS's from old to new for it work properly.. So install Windows XP first and you'll be good to go... :)