Windows 7 wifi problem

big pete

I replaced my keyboard on my HP G72 110SA. Now I cant get the wireless key to work
I have reloaded the drivers. However the atheros driver does not show in the device manager.
I have tried. useing CMD command and Hdwwiz.exe but for some reason it does not see the atheros driver.
The driver is in programs x86 folder under Atheros /driver. Can anyone help please.

Who replaced your keyboard for your laptop? It sounds like the something is not connected when it was taking apart and got missed putting it back together.

THanks for the reply I thought that could be the reason so I asked my son who works with
laptops and he seems to think it could have been that but there is just one ribbon conector
and that is cxonnected right. He reckons it could be a mother board problem. I can't see how
because that was never disturbed.

I replaced my keyboard on my HP G72 110SA. Now I cant get the wireless key to work
When you replaced the keyboard, did you replace it with the exact part number from HP?
Is it possible that you need to install or reinstall the keyboard drivers for the laptop / keyboard in order to get the "wireless key" to work properly?

Hi I did have a exact replacement but I never thought about keyboard drivers thank you

Not sure who exactly swapped your keyboard for you but you need to re-check your or their work.
Some laptop keyboards require screws be removed from the underside of the laptop and the size of these screws is critical (length).
A screw that is too short when it was intended to complete a ground can be a problem
AND
Of course a screw that is too long could cause damage by shorting something that it shouldn't or by penetrating a wire or pcb, so.....
Double check everything without knowing exactly what the job entails, I'm just guessing. Maybe look more closely for another tiny ribbon cable, antennae cable or something that may have become dislodged in the process.

My son checked the keyboard and said everything was fine.
I updated and checked the drivers. so i think it must be the main board.
Thanks for all your help.

No Pat it does not show in device manager only My Realtek lan driver shows.
That implies that the device is not connected - you need to go back in there (probably removing the keyboard) and identifying the device to check if it is properly reconnected. (Trouble's advice is good).

Back
Top Bottom