Windows 10 Wifi problem!!

Saboor

Hi,
I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I am suffering with this Wifi problem...
Whenever I go to other room just to chill out, my Wifi name doesn't come in the list of available Wifi(s) and even if it appears and connects, it just stays for 5-10 seconds and disappears again. There are also situations where it stays for 5 minutes but it shows that it's Limited...
It only works fluently, with no problem, only if I sit beside my router!!
My phone doesn't have this problem nor did my previous OS(ie, Windows 7) caused me this problem...
I've checked the Wireless driver but still no use and it's beginning to frustrate me!!
Any help will be apppreciated!!
Regards,
Saboor.

I have seen quite a few posts regarding WiFi problems in Windows 10. To try to help, we need information.

For instance, what is the model of your Wifi Adapter and does it show normally in Device Manager?

If it works if next to the router, that would seem to suggest a signal strength problem. What does the signal strength show when you move away?

If you open the Network Connections dialog window (ncpa.cpl) and go the that adapter's status, what is it showing for IP addresses, the ones you expect.

It probably is a driver problem. We may just need to find one which works. The OEM for my motherboard is showing Windows 10 drivers available, have you checked your manufacturer's site?

I have seen quite a few posts regarding WiFi problems in Windows 10. To try to help, we need information.

For instance, what is the model of your Wifi Adapter and does it show normally in Device Manager?

If it works if next to the router, that would seem to suggest a signal strength problem. What does the signal strength show when you move away?

If you open the Network Connections dialog window (ncpa.cpl) and go the that adapter's status, what is it showing for IP addresses, the ones you expect.

It probably is a driver problem. We may just need to find one which works. The OEM for my motherboard is showing Windows 10 drivers available, have you checked your manufacturer's site?

Thanks for the reply Saltgrass!!!
The model of my Wifi adapter is Netgear JNR1010...
And about the signal strength problem, it doesn't happen with my other mobiles (which I have around 5 of them) and the signal strength goes to like 2-3 bars when I move away and sometimes when I move quite more, the strength would go to 1 bar and the internet gets freakin' slow and after sometime it just disappears and then again appears, connects and again disappears...
BTW, I got a update from HP through HP Support Assistantand it was a LAN driver update. Don't know is that for any use now but still I downloaded!!!
So what should I wait for the updates ot is there a solution to this problem??
Please Help!!!
Regards,
Saboor.

When I check the Netgear model number it appears to be a Router, not a Wireless adapter.

A driver might have some effect on how strong a signal the Wireless adapter sees, but a more likely cause would be the adapter or it antenna system. Have you ever removed the adapter or have you looked to make sure the antenna leads, possibly two, are still secure?

Are you sure you are connected to your network and not one nearby?

When I check the Netgear model number it appears to be a Router, not a Wireless adapter.

A driver might have some effect on how strong a signal the Wireless adapter sees, but a more likely cause would be the adapter or it antenna system. Have you ever removed the adapter or have you looked to make sure the antenna leads, possibly two, are still secure?

Are you sure you are connected to your network and not one nearby?

Yes I'm sure that I'm connected to my network and even if I want to connect to other networks nearby, it won't allow me coz' as soon as I switch ON my laptop, I cant't see any Networks listed to be connected with and again I'm forced to go beside my router and wait for 5 min to connect...
And after that LAN driver update, I can access my laptop from anywhere in my house and only problem now that I have is "going beside my router ad connect to my WIfi after I switch ON or when I wake up my laptop" !!!!

Hi,
I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I am suffering with this Wifi problem...
Whenever I go to other room just to chill out, my Wifi name doesn't come in the list of available Wifi(s) and even if it appears and connects, it just stays for 5-10 seconds and disappears again. There are also situations where it stays for 5 minutes but it shows that it's Limited...
It only works fluently, with no problem, only if I sit beside my router!!
My phone doesn't have this problem nor did my previous OS(ie, Windows 7) caused me this problem...
I've checked the Wireless driver but still no use and it's beginning to frustrate me!!
Any help will be apppreciated!!
Regards,
Saboor.
Try what I did to get things going again; Download 'BAIDU PC FASTER' for free. With this comes a WiFi for your pc. My Baidu WiFi has been working since win10 launch.

Try what I did to get things going again; Download 'BAIDU PC FASTER' for free. With this comes a WiFi for your pc. My Baidu WiFi has been working since win10 launch.

Thanks for the reply GJCzh!!
Will download and will inform you if it makes any difference...
Regards,
Saboor.

Thanks for the reply GJCzh!!
Will download and will inform you if it makes any difference...
Regards,
Saboor.

Hey, was hoping you could let me know if you have fixed this problem, its been months and I haven't found a fix for it and I have the exact same problem as you.

Back