Windows 7 will windows7 support external harddrive?

dubluv

i've got a 2nd drive from an XP machine, and i'd like to get a case for it and use it as an external drive. can i do this? is it supported, even though it was created in xp?

i've got a 2nd drive from an XP machine, and i'd like to get a case for it and use it as an external drive. can i do this? is it supported, even though it was created in xp?
In the last 2 days I have tried to connect my pC running Win 7 with a Western Elements 3.5" external drive and a Buffalo 1Tb HD-CEU2 with similar results . i.e. Windows advises "this program might not have installed correctly " and "there is no disk in the drive .
I don't know how long the retailer will allow me to return my purchases and try another model external HD but I'll keep trying ,Gregegg

I have a firewire, e-Sata and USB, all using recovered hard drives from a previous system.

There may of course with different types of enclosures or connections, so gregreg you may want to start your own thread and give specifics about the drive and what type of connection it has. More folks might see it under a different title.

I've got a Western Digital My Book and My Book Pro both 1T and USB 2 . They work fine. The software for the My Book pro seems to be buggy so after installing to get driver I just disable Raid Manager.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom