Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Windows 7 Win 7 64 bit BSOD on startup

AtticTron

Hello, I've been browsing the forums for a while now and decided to finally register. Anyways, I have been using Windows 7 since the 7000 beta however, for some reason whenever i install the 64 bit version of the 7000, 7022, 7048 build i always get a BSOD right after the starting windows screen. The message i get is STOP : c000021a Fatal System Error. The weird thing is i only get this on the 64 bit version and not the 32. I thought it had something to do with my drivers but it also happens on a fresh install. Anyone have idea on how to fix this? I really want to use the 64 bit version since i have 4gb of ram. :confused:

same problem

i have the same problem with you.
on new pc I cannot install win 7 x64
did you find a solution?

Sorry guys, my Windows 7 computer is down (I;m putting a new power supple in it), but it shoulnt take long All my answers are on that machine.

I cannot install win 7 x32 either
after the first loading intallation files message i get a black screen with a winload.exe error

Come on guys, this post is from March, were talking about pre-RC builds.
Did the RC or RTM 64-bit work for you?

no .I cannot install any version of win 7
I installed vista x64 so my hardware is ok.
maybe there is a conflict of win 7 and my mobo ( [FONT=&quot]Link Removed - Invalid URL[/FONT]) or my ram
( [FONT=&quot]Link Removed[/FONT])

now I am getting an error about volmgrx.sys
driver is missing or corrupted

Perhaps this a corrupt setup, you should find another copy of Windows 7 to see if that fixes the problem.

Link Removed you can go here to see if your stuff is compatible with 64 bit, btw, how old is the hard drive?

Back