Windows 7 Win 7 7077 and KbdMgr.exe from bootcamp (MacBook)

Julianbl

Hi all,
I've just upgraded from 7068 to 7077 on my MacBook and found that the bootcamp keyboard controller stopped working. If I try to run it manually, it just closes. This prevents me to control the volume and the fn function from the keyboard.

Haven't tried to reinstall the hole bootcamp (as it is not necessary to run KbdMgr.exe) but is weird that that stopped working on this new release...

Any ideas on how to fix KbdMgr.exe will be appreciated.

Regards,
Julián

Audio control function

Hi, i know that this is not directly in answer to your question, but I think there is a tangential similarity. though I am still using beta. What's happened with me is that resulting from I know not what, my IR remote stopped adjusting system volume. Oddly, it is most obvious on video things off the Net, like features from Frontline as well as Netlfix on line movies. Or things from emails. It won't adjust from the volume button on the keyboard either. In both cases the mute / unmute function works. Audio card is a Creative Titanium, but i don't think that has anything to do with it.
Interestingly, all of it works when using Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 Ultra, playing all forms of media such as music CDs, conventional DVDs and Blu-Ray. Also the result is the same from either of two drives.

Hi all,
I've just upgraded from 7068 to 7077 on my MacBook and found that the bootcamp keyboard controller stopped working. If I try to run it manually, it just closes. This prevents me to control the volume and the fn function from the keyboard.

Haven't tried to reinstall the hole bootcamp (as it is not necessary to run KbdMgr.exe) but is weird that that stopped working on this new release...

Any ideas on how to fix KbdMgr.exe will be appreciated.

Regards,
Julián

To solve this problem, remove (uninstall) bootcamp and reinstall a full bootcamp 2.1 (i used the one that came on the original MacOS DVD from the aluminum macbook).
After install, KbdMgr.exe doesn't automatically start, but you can start it manually and it works!

Regards,
Julián

Back