Win 7 and Toshiba Satellite P105-S9312 Laptop

mbaker

I have the Toshiba Satellite P105-S9312 laptop and on there web site it says XP and VISTA compatable. At this point I am using XP Pro and was seriously thinking of upgrading to WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM but there site shows no drivers for my laptop. I am nervous about attempting a new install and not finding new drivers for this system. I figured if it was Vista compatible that there should be drivers for Windows 7 as Windows 7 uses the same kernel as Vista. I never upgraded to Vista because of the issues Vista had over the past few years but I do have a free Vista upgrade CD that was sent to me from Toshiba.

My question is in multiple parts.

First, has anyone else installed Win 7 on there laptop of the same model and had good luck with drivers?

Second, where can I get drivers for my laptop outside of Toshiba that will work correctly with this hardware.

Here is the link directly to Toshiba's driver page for my laptop.

mbaker

This is why I do not go and pay a premium account. I get no replies to my first help.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.