Win 7- boot failure (on SATA dvd)

wondy

Hi.

I cannot install Win 7 (pro, 64 bit).

After booting cd/dvd the following text appears: "disc boot failure, please insert system disc and press enter"

I have SATA dvd. I 've checked that when I plug ATA dvd there is no problem.

What shuld I do to instal Win 7 using my SATA dvd? Change some BIOS features?

Last edited:

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Did you check the bios to make sure you have the DVD drive to boot first? When you go from a PATA DVD to a SATA, it might be changing.

wondy

Yes, I'm sure. Quick boot in on enabled, fist is on dvd, secon on hard drive.

wondy

Finally I managed to instal Win 7.

I do not know how I did it. I changed sata cables couple times, pluged, unpluged them. And I'm finally a user of Win7:)

Thx.

Hey i've had a similar problem

I'm running Windows XP Pro 32bit and I downloaded the .ISO of Windows 7 64bit from the Microsoft Student offer and burnt the ISO to a disc (and extracted the files from it and burnt a disc with them on it too) and when I put either of them in whilst my computer is running it says my operating system isn't compatible with that version (64 bit) which I expected, but when I reboot with the DVD (either of them) they don't boot and I don't even get asked "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD" it just boots up XP and i've checked my BIOS settings and quick boot is on and the boot order is my two DVD-RW drives, then USB devices, then my Hard Drives

My processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (which supports 64 bit) so that isn't the problem
I have 4GB of RAM so that can't be the problem
I havea 750GB and a 1TB hard drive so there can't be any hard drive space issues either

Anyone got any ideas?

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
How did you burn the .iso. It must be burned as an image and not just a file.

Please go through and tell what utility you used to burn it and what steps you took.

I used Nero 9 and I went through these steps
Clicked Data Burning
Chose the DVD drive with the blank DVD in it
Gave the disc a name
Clicked Add and navigated to the ISO image
Then clicked burn

Is that wrong?

Got it sorted, was just how I burned the disc

Thanks anyways

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Glad you got it.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.