Windows 7 Win 7 RC expiration date

This is from Microsoft

"
Shutdown Schedule for Windows 7 Beta and Windows 7 RC
To avoid interruption, it’s recommended that you and your customers rebuild test machines by using a valid Windows operating system before Windows 7 Beta and Windows 7 RC expire. Windows will automatically notify you that the expiration process is about to begin. Two weeks later, your PC will shut down every two hours. For Windows 7 Beta, the bihourly shutdowns will begin July 1, 2009. The software will expire August 1, 2009. For Windows 7 RC, the bihourly shutdowns will begin March 1, 2010. The software will expire June 1, 2010
Hope this clarifies for some.....

So we will have a bihourly shutdown even if we are running a different OS? Say, if we have Vista and W7 dual booted and we are running Vista after the expiration date, will my computer still shut down after 2 hours?

So we will have a bihourly shutdown even if we are running a different OS? Say, if we have Vista and W7 dual booted and we are running Vista after the expiration date, will my computer still shut down after 2 hours?

Good question at a guess I would say if you are in vista no :)
Change over to windows 7 and dang !

You probably won't have to even deal with it since by the time the RC runs out, the final product will most likely be in stores.. ;) I know I for one will be heading to Saint John the night before 7 is set to release to ensure I get a copy.. :) I can see there being large lineups for Windows 7's release.. :)

You probably won't have to even deal with it since by the time the RC runs out, the final product will most likely be in stores.. ;) I know I for one will be heading to Saint John the night before 7 is set to release to ensure I get a copy.. :) I can see there being large lineups for Windows 7's release.. :)

Yes a hot thermos could be required equipment ;)

If some of the RSS feeds are to be believed :)eek:), then we will have 6 months to get our paid for copy - so I for one will not be queuing all night - far too old for that type of activity these days, I'll take my warm bed over sleeping on the pavement any day. I'll take the coward's way out and order a copy online :razz:

If some of the RSS feeds are to be believed :)eek:), then we will have 6 months to get our paid for copy - so I for one will not be queuing all night - far too old for that type of activity these days, I'll take my warm bed over sleeping on the pavement any day. I'll take the coward's way out and order a copy online :razz:

I will look at all options bar the night out as I to am too old :)
It will be an interesting time the windows 7 public release . I do have an agenda which does include watching my bank balance ;)

Yes the Department of Pensions doesn't factor in a copy of Windows 7 :frown:

We need to start a petition to get it paid for like the Winter Heating Allowance ;)

Lol :) Very true but I will find a way ;)

Thanks for that info. That was the primary question in my mind when I got the email from MS.

Secondly, will the RC eliminate all the permissions troubles of the Beta?

Thanks for that info. That was the primary question in my mind when I got the email from MS.

Secondly, will the RC eliminate all the permissions troubles of the Beta?

What permission problems exactly ?

I've seen it mentioned in a lot of other places, but I have trouble simply copying files/folders to the program files directory at times.

As an example, I just tried to save a .puz (acrosslite puzzle) to the folder under c:>program files>all games>Litsoft>acrosslite>puzzles.

I got "you don't have permission to save in this location, contact the administrator to obtain permission"

Since I am the administrator, this seems a little strange. I have gotten similar messages in the past, I can't remember the exact situations from those times.

I've seen it mentioned in a lot of other places, but I have trouble simply copying files/folders to the program files directory at times.

As an example, I just tried to save a .puz (acrosslite puzzle) to the folder under c:>program files>all games>Litsoft>acrosslite>puzzles.

I got "you don't have permission to save in this location, contact the administrator to obtain permission"

Since I am the administrator, this seems a little strange. I have gotten similar messages in the past, I can't remember the exact situations from those times.

Thanks for that have you tried right clicking and running as administrator ?

I absolutely do that for installations (in addition to running in Vista compatibility mode), but most of my troubles have been with simple copying and/or saving of files.

Some of the "other" troubles were related to attempts to remove WMP12. I read an article on "taking ownership" of files/folders to achieve that, but I never succeeded in it. That's another thing and I've gotten used to WMP12.

I sincerely doubt that any patch which deprives the creator of the software their fees for their product could ever be legal.

it's illegal to modify w7 but not to install program that prolongs it...
because in terms of use before i install w7 doesn't says that it's time limited...

no, it's immoral.... but because of semantics is why we all have holes in laws :)
i have omc vista ultimate and works perfectly...

and btw, i never broke the law... and i'm not planing to, i just said it's possible to prolong expire date of w7 and that it's legal...

Last edited:
Back