Windows 7 Win 7 repair disk download transfer

BSANT

Product: Sony VAIO factory install Win 7 (x64)
Issue: windows failure / factory restore attempted and failed / Win will not load
Other: purchased Win 7 repair disk via C.Net on my IPhone
New issue: transfer said files using "Win system recovery options via USB
SOFTWARE REQUIRED?

Possible?

Last edited:
Is this a new computer? If so, you need to contact Sony..

Why are you having to do a factory restore? They do not normally fail if done correctly, unless there is a problem with the laptop, like a failing hard drive.

Have you tried using the F8 key to get into the Repair options and do a startup repair?

Do you know anyone with a copy of Windows that could burn you a Recovery CD or let you borrow their install DVD?

Do you have another system to either burn a CD or create a bootable flash drive?

Has anything happened that might help explain any problems?

New computer on the way
Working on short term fix
Issue started from BootMgr (corrupt run x64 not x32), which is common
the problem getting this out of hand is uncommon

I can use iTunes to transfer filed, but unable to access

Any drivers that would support iPhone as ubs device?

Maybe someone else will know about the iPhone situation.

Since you seem to have access to a computer, can you e-mail the files to that computer and burn the CD or flash drive from there?

If you have access to another computer you can download a Win 7 Recovery CD and burn it.

You cannot get into the Recovery system using F8 on boot?

Using iPhone no computer

F10 (vaio) no longer supported

F8 is loading…need recovery disk. The ones I created are corrupt

Thank you for the time

F10 (vaio) no longer supported

F8 is loading…need recovery disk. The ones I created are corrupt
I am not sure what you mean by F8 is loading. If F8 works, you should not need a recovery disc. What screen comes up if you use F8?

If your system cannot open the restore system, you may need to boot to the Recovery CD you seem to have. I believe many laptops use the F12 key to give boot options, which you may need to do to boot to the CD. This info should be in an owners manual you could possibly get from the net if you do not have a copy.

Let us know which Viao model you have and we can check for such information.

Back