Windows 7 Win 7 upgrade with Sony Vaio NW11 z t

sonyvaionw11

Hi,

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me - this is my first post on the forum. I just bought a Sony Vaio NW11Z/T laptop which has Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit installed and want to upgrade to Windows 7.

I have read through most of the threads dealing with the many problems that can arise with drivers, etc and given that this a brand new laptop I don't want to do anything that will disable most of its functionality.

I have just bought a Windows 7 upgrade disk as well as I want to get Win 7 working befrore I go abroad for Christmas and didn't want to wait weeks for Sony to send me one through. The problem is that the Win 7 from Sony comes with a compiliation disk of drivers, etc whereas I don't have that right now.

I am minded to do a custom (clean) install of either the 32-bit or 64-bit, rather than simply upgrade it to get rid of most of the bloatware, etc.

Does anyone know if I can get ALL the drivers I need from Sony's website or is it safer to wait to get the disk from Sony (some posts I have read suggest that even then there may be problems with Fn keys, blu-ray drivers, etc. which seems crazy with a laptop released less than 6 months ago!). I am almost minded to take it back having read about all the complications but I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much for your help and for making a very useful forum!

Back