Windows 7 Win 7 x32 4 Gb ?

xenoanu

hello admins n users...

i currently own a Sony Viao VGC-JS103J/S....when i bought this...windows vista home premium 64-bit was installed...i wanted my pc to hav window 7..so i installed windows 7 32-bit...but, after the installation, i checked the RAM and graphics...originally RAM size was 4.00GB...and graphics 1759MB...but after installing windows 7..the RAM size said "4.00GB (2.89GB usable)" and the graphics size decreased from 1759MB to 1324MB...i donno why this is happening...i really need help in this...Thankyou...
please email me...
email: [email protected]

Yours Faithfully'
Xenoanu..

Last edited by a moderator:
It is probably just a difference in the way Win 7 and Vista handle memory.. If you want to check it further, open task manager, Resource Manager button and then Memory tab. It has a graphic of what is using memory.

You will probably see the 1324 as Hardware reserved, but you may want to attach a snipping tool picture of that graphic to see if anyone can tell you for sure what is going on.

thankyou for your help Saltgrass....:D...i will try installin win 7 64-bit....thankx again...

hello admins n users...

i currently own a Sony Viao VGC-JS103J/S....when i bought this...windows vista home premium 64-bit was installed...i wanted my pc to hav window 7..so i installed windows 7 32-bit...but, after the installation, i checked the RAM and graphics...originally RAM size was 4.00GB...and graphics 1759MB...but after installing windows 7..the RAM size said "4.00GB (2.89GB usable)" and the graphics size decreased from 1759MB to 1324MB...i donno why this is happening...i really need help in this...Thankyou...
please email me...

32 bit operating systems, including windows 7, can physically use just a little more than 3 Gb. This limitation is due to 32-bit addressing capability. If you need all 4 Gb usable, install 7 x64.

Just to add to my good friends advice, there is no mtrick to getting more memory with the 32 bit operating system. It just will not do it. Run the 64bit OS and take full advantage of the resources you have.

thanku all for ur help....:D...i wil b installin win 7 64 bit in a shortly....thanku again...:D

-Xenoanu-

Back
Top Bottom