Windows 7 Win made a password after crash.

damitos

So this is my story. I got myself a pc with win 7 I started the pc didn't need to set the time or anything all was already there. So it was basicly turn on pc and start doing what you want.

Then the next time i started up the pc, windows 7 was updating but my battery ran out so it shut down the pc. After that I filled the battery and started the comp again this time it said win7 had to repair itself and that it was gonna take some minutes. No problem , it fixed the problem but now when i start the pc .

I come to the account managment part, you know where u you have your account and your own password.
So the windows has set the acc name to "computer" and has selected a password. The only hint i have is "numbers"

Can some1 help me here :(

If you're talking about the Win7 welcome screen, and you don't have an option to choose another user, like "your account" and you haven't created a password recovery disk. Then I would suspect you could contact the computer manufacturer and see if they are familiar with this issue, perhaps during the repair process, it accessed some manufacturer's image and caused this issue. It is possible you can run the repair option from the Win 7 DVD again to see if that produces any more favorable results. Have you tried other boot options like safemode to see if you're greeted with the same screen. And finally as a last resort, if you don't want to do a complete clean re-intstall, (which may be the best option), try looking into something like Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset, not sure if they have updated their version for a Win7 OS but it's worth a try.

Yea ive tried safemode cant get pass the welcome stuff. Yea shame that i didnt get an win7 disc with the pc i just got an cd key and everything installed.

Back