Windows 10 Win10 problem?

djr46

I recently upgraded from Win 7. I had all upgrades for Win 7.
When I DL'd Win10, it took about 12 hours and I assume that was normal for my DL speed, 786, I believe.
Went well and I had no problems and saw that Win10 did appear to run faster than Win7.
When I tried to connect a scanner, Epson, and a printer, both tied to USB, things went downhill from there.
Why doesn't Win10, or at least my copy show support for USB connections?
I uninstalled Win10, went back to Win7 and everything, USB supporting, was working.
I suspected something wrong in either my DL or Win10.
What happened or is there something I've overlooked?
DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windows 10 supports USB, did you verify the scanner and printer have driver support for Windows 10?

Never saw where Win 10 showed any USB ports.....

When you connect a new device, does Win 10 give you the option of assigning to a port?
I had no selections listed for any USB port, drivers aside....my Scanner faced the same situation......

I did DL drivers for my printer but still unable to connect to a USB port......and they were Win10...,,

If it is USB, the plug and play manager should detect it if you plugged it in via USB and ask you for a driver. Optionally you can go through Devices and Printers and select Add Printer > Local Printer > Select USB > Install driver.

I went thru those exact steps and was not given an option of connecting my printer to a USB port....
Only gave me option of connecting via Com port or LPT port.
I don't think I'm ready for Win 10....as it Should give me the option of using a USB port (but it did not).

Since you are back in Windows 7, not much can be done now. Too bad you did not ask while you still had Windows 10.

There is a difference in the way the system adjusts to older USB devices but I don't remember the specifics.

I have an Epson Multi-function device. If you are planning on going back to Windows 10 let me know and I will test my unit. Currently I run it in a Wireless mode.

I hope to go back to Win 10, but if USB glitch is not resolved, I won't do that soon......
And if it's a hardware problem looking from Win 10, why didn't the Win 10 "verification" find the problem and let me know that I had compatibility issues?
I will wait and see what and how Win 10 is updated.

OK, since you have given no information about how to test my device on Windows 10, we will wait...

USB10.JPG

Back
Top Bottom