Win7 machine does not receive some emails

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by hummer7, Dec 9, 2009.

1. hummer7

hummer7 Senior Member

I started to use a new win7 machine (Dell XPS 8000) for our buiness operation a few days ago.
    What I found was that many emails are not receiving by Win 7 machine (I use Outlook 2007).
    When I opened one of our XP computers in the late afternoon, I found tons of emails in the XP computer.
    Both XP Pro SP3 and Win7 machines have similar configuration with the same McAfee security program.
    Unless I solve this missing email issue, I might be forced to use XP computer for our business.
    Does anybody have simialr experience? If so, how could you fix this serious problem. hummer

2. stueycaster

stueycaster Millennium Celebration Award Winner
    Premium Supporter

That might be a problem with Outlook. I've never liked it personally. Maybe it's really better for an office environment though. There could be a setting that needs to be changed somewhere in Options. But if you're an office administrator I'm sure you know a lot more about it than I do.

Maybe Windows Live Mail would work better.

Essentials - Windows Live

Sorry I don't know how to tell you how to fix Outlook. I really don't think it's being caused by Win7 though.

#2 stueycaster, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  3. hummer7

hummer7 Senior Member

Thanks for your reply. I spent a lot of time to figure out the fix. I even contacted ISP techie. So far no success.
    Again, in the past, I have never encountered any problem with receiving email in Outlook with Windows XP machine.
    When tested "test account setting" in outlook, both sending and receiving are fine. But what I see is that outgoing mail is OK. The problem is receiving emails. Therefore, it is clear that Windows 7 system affected the capacity of receiving emails in Outlook.

Meanwhile, I also set up Window Live Mail (WML) accounts. WML is just fine. So I have been using WML yesterday.
    But I would rather like to use Outlook because it has more functions and convenient than WML.

4. patrickt

patrickt Honorable Member

"Therefore, it is clear that Windows 7 system affected the capacity of receiving emails in Outlook. "

I am using Outlook and Windows7 and not having a problem. Therefore,....

How many accounts do you have on each system? Are the messages being routed to your junk email file?

5. hummer7

hummer7 Senior Member

I did not anything on Outlook or Windows 7. With WinXP machine, Hunk E-mail box is used to get tons of junk mails.
    Since switching to Win7, none are seen in the Junk Email box. I have 4 email accounts in Win7 machine, and 7 emails accounts in WinXP.