Windows 7 WIN7 sound is HORRIBLE

JamesJR

I'm running win7 pro 64bit. The sound is crackly, screaching, or just doesnt work at all. Also, my mic doesnt work at all or sends the crackling and screaching to the recieving party.

Ram:4gb
Processor: intel core 2 cpu 6300
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series Soundblaster

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting, disabling, new drivers, old drivers, fixers, etc. Nothing I have tried is working.

I'm running split partition xp/win7 pro. On XP OS my sound is perfect, I have used the same exact settings on both OS's with no luck, i have tried tweaking it, I've tried randomness. I'm in need of assistance, please help.

I almost have the same audio as you but mine is a bit lower end and the HD audio is just out standing on my setup. Where do you get your drivers?

I know this is may be a stupid question but did you configure your output devices?(right click on the speaker icon on your tool bar)

yeah I've tried all that.

Another thing that happens that is very annoying is, I'll select all my settings for the soundcard, crystalizer/cmss/3d etc, and everytime I restart or shut down my comp I have to redo all my settings. Where as on my XP OS my settings are permanent. Anybody know how to fix that issue?

Back