Windows 7 Win7 system repair disc and system image

kbz1960

Hi, how well do these programs work? Win7 home premium 32bit................... which I wish was 64!

You can run off a repair disc using recdisc.exe( just type it into start search box). It includes the exact same system recovery (repair) options that are already on the dvd.

These repair functions are very useful - particularly if you can't get into Windows. Boot the dvd /recovery cd and you can access, startup repair, restore system image ( if you already have one - and if it can find it ), as well as system restore and command line.

System Image - makes an image of your o/s and additional partitions if you like.

The idea is you can restore the entire image if you get into trouble - then you would be in the exact same position as when you made the image.

There are 3rd party apps. that do the imaging much better - many of them have free versions.

Thanks, I guess I should have mentioned that I know what they do. I was wondering if they do a good job or not.

I do have Norton Ghost 14 but didn't know if it works with 7 and also I kind of dislike Norton products. What's your favorite freebie and why?

I am using Paragon Drive Backup 10 Server - not exactly a freebie - and not released yet.

Paragon do have a good free one - it's new - lots of functions:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

The other good free one is Macrium - not as may functions as Paragon freebie - but incredibly small and fast:

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

I have found Paragon and Macrium totally reliable

Back