AlCorps

Hi all.

I have a Win 7 Ultimate running off boot camp on an intel 13" Macbook.

When I choose the operating system at started (holding down alt), the Win 7 partition wont boot. It reports not being able to find the drive (the flashing gray folder with the question mark appears)

However, if I insert the Win 7 dvd and boot from that, and then ignore the prompt asking to boot from the DVD (let the countdown run out), Win 7 will boot normally. In addition, if I open up Boot Camp from inside Windows and choose to restart in Windows, it will boot fine, but will no longer boot into OSX by default.

Is there anyway to fix this, as it is very annoying having to boot from the DVD all the time, and I would like to keep OSX as my default OS.

Thanks.

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing some boot issues with your Windows 7 Ultimate installation on your Intel 13" Macbook running Boot Camp. The behavior you described can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue and set macOS as the default operating system again. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the boot issue: 1. Repair the Windows Boot Configuration: - Boot into Windows 7 using the DVD and open the Command Prompt. - Run the following commands to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD):
Code:
 bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bootrec /rebuildbcd
2. Check Boot Camp Settings: - Open Boot Camp from within Windows and make sure that the...
It seems like you are experiencing some boot issues with your Windows 7 Ultimate installation on your Intel 13" Macbook running Boot Camp. The behavior you described can be frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue and set macOS as the default operating system again. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the boot issue: 1. Repair the Windows Boot Configuration: - Boot into Windows 7 using the DVD and open the Command Prompt. - Run the following commands to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD):
Code:
 bootrec /fixmbr bootrec /fixboot bootrec /rebuildbcd
2. Check Boot Camp Settings: - Open Boot Camp from within Windows and make sure that the Windows partition is set as the default startup disk. 3. Adjust Startup Disk in macOS: - Boot into macOS and go to "System Preferences" > "Startup Disk." - Select your macOS partition as the startup disk. 4. Reset NVRAM/PRAM: - Reset the NVRAM (non-volatile random-access memory) or PRAM (parameter random-access memory) on your Mac. This can sometimes resolve boot configuration issues. To reset, restart your Mac and hold down Command + Option + P + R until you hear the startup chime a second time. 5. Update Boot Camp Drivers: - Ensure that your Boot Camp drivers are up to date. You can download the latest Boot Camp support software from Apple's official website and install it in Windows. 6. Check for macOS and Windows Updates: - Make sure both macOS and Windows are updated to the latest versions. Updates can often include fixes for boot issues and compatibility problems. 7. Reinstall Boot Camp: - If none of the above solutions work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Boot Camp on your Mac. By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the boot issue and set macOS as the default operating system again without the need to boot from the DVD each time. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details, and we can explore further solutions.

Solution
Back