Windows 7 Win7 wont recognise my usb dvd rom drive

mpooley

Hi
I have just bought a revo 3600 nettop for use as a media centre and a LITEON usb dvd rom drive.

I tested the usb drive on my main computer running win7 ultimate and it works fine.

when i plug it in to the revo running win7 ultimate it shows up in device manager ok but does not show in "my computer" !
so i cant access it !!

I'm hoping its something i have forgotten to do. can anyone think of what that might be please?

Oh BTW i installed win7 on the revo USING THIS SAME DVD ROM DRIVE!

weird :(:(

Mike

I use a portable LG DVD ROM drive (USB) and do not have this problem. Do you have two USB ports, one for power and one for the connection? Its possible the revo USB can't support the power requirements for the drive? But then again, you installed with it.

So have you looked at some options, like a possible driver update on that system? Do you have any CD cloning/burning/imaging software that might be conflicting with the device?

Are you using a connection method that is different from the main computer? Does the disc tray open when the device is powered on when connected to the Revo?

The USB controller on the Revo is likely not recognizing the device. You could look at updates for this computer in the form of chipset updates from the official website. And, possibly, look for a firmware update from Lite-On through their website?

This is a tough one for sure.

I use a portable LG DVD ROM drive (USB) and do not have this problem. Do you have two USB ports, one for power and one for the connection? Its possible the revo USB can't support the power requirements for the drive? But then again, you installed with it.

So have you looked at some options, like a possible driver update on that system? Do you have any CD cloning/burning/imaging software that might be conflicting with the device?

Are you using a connection method that is different from the main computer? Does the disc tray open when the device is powered on when connected to the Revo?

The USB controller on the Revo is likely not recognizing the device. You could look at updates for this computer in the form of chipset updates from the official website. And, possibly, look for a firmware update from Lite-On through their website?

This is a tough one for sure.

Thankyou for your reply.
I have not installed any software at all yet. Other than the drivers for a usb twin tv tuner. no burning software nothing!

I have only just booted the system up (only got it today) so perhaps it does need some windows updates?

disc drive has no tray just a flip lid

I will look for any updates on revo site as well
Thanks again

Mike

Back