Windows 7 Window 7 32 bit to 64 bit problems

Grant Suk

I currently run Windows 7 32-bit with boot camp on a 15 inch macbook pro, but I realized that it didn't fully utilize the hardware, so I decided I wanted to switch to 64-bit. I understand that retail versions come with two disks that allow for one to choose between 64-bit and 32-bit, but I purchased an OEM version through my university, for Windows 7 Home Premium.

My question is if I can install the 64-bit version for free, and if so, how I can do that.
Can someone help me?

I currently run Windows 7 32-bit with boot camp on a 15 inch macbook pro, but I realized that it didn't fully utilize the hardware, so I decided I wanted to switch to 64-bit. I understand that retail versions come with two disks that allow for one to choose between 64-bit and 32-bit, but I purchased an OEM version through my university, for Windows 7 Home Premium.

My question is if I can install the 64-bit version for free, and if so, how I can do that.
Can someone help me?

You do know you will have more difficulties with drivers etc, correct? what hardware is not being fully utilized?

Ken J

Back