Window 7 Printing Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by hoopz111, Feb 8, 2010.

1. hoopz111

hoopz111 New Member

I just received some new windows updates on Friday and now I cannot print. My printers show up in Printers and Devices area, but when I click pring in Excel, Word, IE, it says "Before you can print you need to install a printer..." I have restarted the computer and then none of my printers show in the Printers and Devices area. Is anyone else having this problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. ickymay

ickymay New Member

I would try reinstalling the printer, and print a test page ?

is this a wireless device ?

3. hoopz111

hoopz111 New Member

I cannot uninstall the printer. It is classified as an Unspecified device on the Printers and Devices window. I can't even delete the printer to try and reinstall it. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

4. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Have you considered a system restore to a restore point prior to friday. Or if, as you suspect, a windows update, you could try just unistalling the update

5. ickymay

ickymay New Member

can you remove it from print server properties ?

then force it to use the latest driver downloaded from the manufacturers website ?

6. sldempsey

sldempsey New Member

We had this issue come up and for some reason we had to go into services and stop all the Bluetooth services and set them to manual. Once we rebooted it cleared up the issue on our end.