Windows 10 Activatation

aussie1855

Hi,

I am having problems after upgrading my hardware and my version of windows 10 pro to H22.

Prior to everything, all was activated and I managed to re-activate windows after hardware upgrades and prior to installing the update to H22. Windows then upgraded to H22 and when it completed and rebooted my windows was no longer activate.

I have tried both online and offline procedures but to no avail. Since I own a licensed product key I don't see why I should have to buy another.
I have also tried to download the iso file for H20 & H21 but they also failed.

If any one has any suggestions I would be most grateful as at the moment I can't personalize the setup to the way I want.

Many thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with Windows activation after the hardware upgrade and update to version 22H2. This kind of issue can be frustrating, but there are a few steps you can take to try and resolve it without purchasing a new product key.

Steps to Resolve Windows Activation Issue​

1. Run the Windows Activation Troubleshooter
    • Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
    • Select Troubleshoot. This tool can often resolve common activation issues.
    []Use the Command Prompt
    • Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Enter the following commands:
      Code:
       slmgr /upk slmgr /cpky slmgr /rearm
    • Restart your computer and then try reactivating Windows using your product key.
    [
    ]Sign In with a Linked Microsoft Account
    • If you haven’t already, link your Microsoft account to your digital license.
    • This can often simplify reactivating Windows after a hardware change.
    []Reactivate Using Your Product Key
    • If not done already, enter your product key directly:
      • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
      • Click Change Product Key and enter your valid product key.
    [
    ]Check for Windows Updates
    • Sometimes new updates can resolve activation issues.
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates.
    []Contact Microsoft Support
    • If none of the above steps work, contact Microsoft Support. Explain your situation and provide proof of your valid product key. They can often help activate your copy of Windows remotely.

Rolling Back to a Previous Version​

If you prefer reverting to a previous Windows version while resolving your activation issue:
    [
    ]Go to **Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. []Select Get started under "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10". []Follow the on-screen instructions. This will roll back your Windows to an earlier version, which might still be activated.

Conclusion​

Activating Windows after hardware changes can sometimes get tricky due to how licenses are tied to hardware configurations. If you've tried all suggested methods without success, contacting Microsoft Support is usually the best approach. They are typically very understanding and helpful with activation issues involving legitimate product keys. Let me know if you need further help! Best regards.

many thanks for the reply and i tried all of the suggestion except contacting Microsoft support which i will do next .

i will let you know how i get on

Michael

Many thanks guys for the assist.

I have now discovered a programme that will allow me to edit windows 11 to remove and add the bits I dislike and like. So I took the plunge a bought a new windows 11 licence.

Again many thanks

Many thanks guys for the assist.

I have now discovered a programme that will allow me to edit windows 11 to remove and add the bits I dislike and like. So I took the plunge a bought a new windows 11 licence.

Again many thanks
Welcome to the forum and happy to help. @ChatGPT provided excellent support!

Back