Windows 10 Windows 10

You must be referring to a non-Insider system.
That's correct. This was on my Windows 8.1 (Update) system.
I'm thinking that at some point we will see the notification / prompt / whatever that it is present and available to install "now".
I saw a post by @kemical earlier referencing China already installing. Guess it must be tomorrow already there.

I searched my pc and it isnt downloaded in the backround anywhere, I looked in my C: drive but not there. I did pre order it already.. I hope I wont have to buy it.. It still says I pre ordered it for free so I hope it is right

Please tell what will happen to an upgraded Win10 Pro activation on a system if we clean install and activate an Enterprise version in it.
I think Windows activation server ties your Hardware ID to Win10 Edition, so we don't need to even enter a product key during installation and winodws gets activated automatic online.
Another question -
ThisFREE UPGRADED licence (activation) is not transferable to any new PC, right? OR in other words, we will loose actiavtion permanenetly (no phone activation) if we change the motherboard. Microsoft did its marketting well this time! :)

That's correct. This was on my Windows 8.1 (Update) system.
I'm thinking that at some point we will see the notification / prompt / whatever that it is present and available to install "now".
I saw a post by @kemical earlier referencing China already installing. Guess it must be tomorrow already there.
There was also spectulation the folks in China and other places were just noticing the downloads, but not the actual installs.. but who knows. I have not reserved any of my systems, but I will do one tomorrow, I just want to watch to see what happens.

I'm getting the os downloading in the back ground. I'm hoping come 12am UK time I'll be able to upgrade.

Look what I just found. I never clicked on anything reserving the upgrade. I did look at the dialog but never, ever gave permission....

It will be interesting what happens next.

Reserved.JPG

Download windows 10 RTM build 16405 release date 29/7/2015
- Windows 10 RTM build 16405 release date 29/7/2015 get from Windows Update and convert to ISO File, you can download here:
Md5 : 5CE8EA284D92C2654A2953E795FC8812

There was also spectulation the folks in China and other places were just noticing the downloads, but not the actual installs.. but who knows. I have not reserved any of my systems, but I will do one tomorrow, I just want to watch to see what happens.
It is July 29th already in china, which means they already got it.

I searched my pc and it isnt downloaded in the backround anywhere, I looked in my C: drive but not there. I did pre order it already.. I hope I wont have to buy it.. It still says I pre ordered it for free so I hope it is right

It is July 29th already in china, which means they already got it.

Should we be keeping a fire extinguisher at hand?

Looks like they're gonna flip the switch at 11:00 P.M. my time, or midnight in New York. Seems kinda odd but I guess that is officially the 29th in the U.S.
nvtweak on Twitter
I need help, nothing download started for my reserved upgrade of Windows 10 when will the download start?

Looks like they're gonna flip the switch at 11:00 P.M. my time, or midnight in New York. Seems kinda odd but I guess that is officially the 29th in the U.S.
nvtweak on Twitter
I woke up just for this moment. Or the forces of the Internet woke me up. Either way, nothing important seems to be going on over here. I suspect patience is now required.

Yeah i just took the update literally and nothing happened, I made a video about it but it got lost in transcoding.
Still making a video though and will load it on youtube when the stars align and the great Cthulhu awakens

Mine was not downloading and for some reason my icon disappeared, but it looks like if you just use the mediacreationtool it will let you download an ISO. Haven't actually tried it yet though.

Back
Top Bottom