Windows 10 Windows 10

Ian Tan

I am running a pc with an i3 4170 processor, gigabyte h97m-d3h mobo, 6 gigs of ram and a gtx 650 video card.

I upgraded to windows 10 a couple of months ago and some time after that i was getting hit with bsods of different errors at random times. My response was to use the reset feature on w10 and keep my personal files. Things went a bit smooth until a couple of days ago when i started getting bsods again with errors of memory management, irql not less or equal, driver overran stack buffer and kmode exception not handled among others. Last night i tried doing a clean install of w10 but would get hit by bsods so i had to restart and start the install from scratch a couple of times. When it did install my pc would start up alright but within the first minutr of actual use, bsod. I'm really getting frustrated cus i dont know what to do. Is this a software or hardware issue? Is there any way to fix this? Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks

Hi

I see that some people were able to solve some problems like this by switching off the "Fast Startup" option.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

This will stop using the, hiberfil.sys file and make you computer load everything fresh at startup.

I't could also be some kind of driver conflict but I'm not sure how you would figure out what driver.

You have so many different messages it's hard to guess at a specific solution.

Hopefully someone else will be more help then I am.

Mike

Last night i tried doing a clean install of w10 but would get hit by bsods so i had to restart and start the install from scratch a couple of times.
Did you use a blank hdd... or at lest format the old one before doing this?

If you cann't get Windows to boot to desktop then I'd use a Linux disc like Ubuntu to access the files... but Windows is best please press [windows key] + [x] then press [k] to open your disk management panel and take a screenshot ([windows key] + [prt sc]) of it/ post it here.

Edit: here is mine for ref
Screenshot (416).png

Last edited:
Did you use a blank hdd... or at lest format the old one before doing this?

If you cann't get Windows to boot to desktop then I'd use a Linux disc like Ubuntu to access the files... but Windows is best please press [windows key] + [x] then press [k] to open your disk management panel and take a screenshot ([windows key] + [prt sc]) of it/ post it here.

Edit: here is mine for ref
View attachment 31612
I reformatted the hard drive before installing windows. I dont have access to my computer right now but ill post as soon as i can

Since last evening my Dell Computer Lap Top will not boot. It runs to the screen were you must login a password. I have never set or had a password; neither have I had a picture which has now appeared. I checked the 'F2' system program and there are no passwords. Is anyone able to help?
Lynn

Back