Windows 11 Windows 11 is a horrible mistake!

JacqueBlue

I am 58 and have been using Windows probably since Windows 95 started. And yes, there have been problems (XP) But Windows 11 has to be, by far, the worst! It's pretty fast and doesn't have many errors...BUT, you took away ALL user controls!!!! I am a graphic designer and my work is based on VISUAL!!!!!!!!!! FYI, 11 has been out for over a year and the fact these things are NOT fixed yet is ridiculous!

Can NOT use thumbnails on folders! WTF???? I have thousands of files. I have always organized them by THEME. With many subfolders. Always using thumbnails so I can see the images without having to open them. If I have a folder that is "Christmas" it may have 4,000 files! Now I have to open each one to see what the image looks like. And yes, they HAVE to be in their own subfolders. And do not talk to me about labeling. I could easily have 300 that say "Christmas-Ornaments" with other names. I NEED to see what is in the damn folder without opening.

Can no longer customize folders to make them all look/act the same way. EVERY single time I open a folder I have to change the view no matter how many times I change the customization.

Why change the damn format for right clicking?????? I don't want the stupid little icons I can't even see to cut and paste. Often, when I'm working with folders, it's quicker to right click. Not anymore!

Images (not all, just some) are distorted in the thumbnails and this is NOT an issue with my video card.

We use to be able to set up to look/act like older versions. No more.

There are more, but these are the things making me frustrated right now that I can think of.

Why is there a customize button if nothing works? I do not have a massive system with dual monitors to have pretty backgrounds while emailing or to play video games. NONE of this is difficult to change and Microsoft knows it. It takes me 100 X's longer to do what I use to do. Upgrades are suppose to IMPROVE and make it easier, not harder!

The new version 22H2 that should be coming out soon has sort of fixed the folder thumbnail issue...BUT, it's just dumb! Sorry, but it is. Here is how it looks. Why can't they just leave certain basics alone????? Also, I forgot "drag and drop in to apps" that is supposedly being worked on but no idea by when.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-28 184003.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-28 184003.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 65
Have you tried selecting "View" - "Options" Select change..etc -" View" again.
Select and Untick "always show icons...."

Last edited:
Have you tried selecting "View" - "Options" Select change..etc -" View" again.
Select and Untick "always show icons...."
Considering how long I've used Windows and always customize my Windows, yes. Those are suppose to be fixed, but not in 22H2 which I got through Insider Preview and now need to get out of this because it's totally unstable and makes it almost impossible to use my computer. When I have time I'm going back to 10 like everyone else is doing.

Microsoft is all about choice and you have 3 more years to chose Windows 11 before Windows 10 is taken off you :)

Considering how long I've used Windows and always customize my Windows, yes. Those are suppose to be fixed, but not in 22H2 which I got through Insider Preview and now need to get out of this because it's totally unstable and makes it almost impossible to use my computer. When I have time I'm going back to 10 like everyone else is doing.
I do not use the insider, but isn't there a warning that releases can be unstable?

You may have read MS articles such as this:

FWIW. I have been using the general release of Windows 11 from the start, on an incompatible laptop. I have had no noticeable instability.

" I'm going back to 10 like everyone else is doing." Are they, even with compatible and up to date computers? You may be correct, but I have not read any significant comments on that.

Last edited:
Back