Windows 7 64 bit problems

I was running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on my intel dual core 3ghz computer with 6 gb ram, a msi p4n sli xe motherboard and a radeon hd 6950 graphics card, I ran the windows upgrade compatibility checker and it said I can use the 64 bit version without problem, I installed the OS with a custom install and as soon as it finished installing I noticed my CPU usage went through the damn roof, and there hasn't been a single solution to this problem that has been successful for me. I have tried booting in safe mode, takes just as long as regular boot and doesnt even boot fully half of the time. I have tried shutting down many many services and only running the bare minimum, in short windows 7 64 bit is my worst enemy and if anyone can solve my problem they would be a hero....

Seems that's a very old mobo....you may run into some problems. I only see a BIOS driver update and a sound driver update.

but I never ran into any problems with the 32 bit version, why would the 64 bit be any different?

The code is different and the bit architecture is different. You could try to run it in compatibility mode...that might work.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.