Windows 7 Windows 7 64 bit Youtube

6142john

Since I installed the new release Windows 7 64 bit with Internet Explorer 8, I'm not able to get Youtube bulk video uploader to work it is asking me to load Google Gears and I do but the loader will not work. Any Idea's ???

Thanks John

Yep... there are no 64 bit flash drivers for IE 64 bit.. you have to use the 32 bit version of ie in \program files (x86) folder.... check my blogs.. I've explained how to get Win 7 64 to use the 32 bit ie all the time.

You won't see silverlight media either with ie 64 bit

W7 64 bit youtube

This might be a stupid question but here u go anyway.

I'm not real knowledgeable when going into the guts of program folders files and tweaking things to work for specific issues. If my youtube files are playing my flash video for what appears to be normal do I still have the same problem with the W7 64 bit with IE needing to run 32 bit.
Everything seems to be working except when I want to upload my video files with youtube specific to the baulk video uploader.

I did read your blog and I just wanting to understand my system.

Thanks again
John

Just as a temporary solution, have you tried using a browser other than IE to see if it works? Like Firefox, Chrome or Opera?

There is still no 64 bit flash player... so you would be only be going back to a 32 bit browser.

You already have IE 32 bit in the \program files (x86) folder.... and it doesn't conflict with Windows 7 and it doesn't have to be tweaked to get it to work.

This might be a stupid question but here u go anyway.

I'm not real knowledgeable when going into the guts of program folders files and tweaking things to work for specific issues. If my youtube files are playing my flash video for what appears to be normal do I still have the same problem with the W7 64 bit with IE needing to run 32 bit.
Everything seems to be working except when I want to upload my video files with youtube specific to the baulk video uploader.

I did read your blog and I just wanting to understand my system.

Thanks again
John

Here is a simple solution if you just want to see the flash movies on Youtbue.

Right click on your desktop and select New / shortuct and paste in this and save it:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" youtube.com

Now when you click on that shortcut you will use the 32 bit version of IE that has flash support.

The method I described in my blog simply copies the 32 bit IE folder to the program files files folder so that Windows 64 bit ALWAYS uses it and you don't have to setup individual shortucts to the web sites that have flash and siverlight media.

The performance of the 64bit version of IE is barely better than the 32bit version. I really don't get what the problem is. The default version is 32bit, unless you are explicitly using the shortcut 'Internet Explorer (64-bit)'.

I don't think the issue is the browser per se, it sounds like he is just having problems with the bulk uploader in Youtube, that's why I suggested trying another browser temporarily.

The performance of the 64bit version of IE is barely better than the 32bit version. I really don't get what the problem is. The default version is 32bit, unless you are explicitly using the shortcut 'Internet Explorer (64-bit)'.

Why would the 64 bit version of win 7 default to use the 32 bit version of IE?? I don't think so. It doesn't here until I tricked it by copying my 32 bit version to the 64 bit folder.

That's why we are seeing these messages about Youtube not working. There is no 64 bit flash player... so people running Win 7 64 bit are using IE 64 bit which can't show Youtube flash media.

I don't think the issue is the browser per se, it sounds like he is just having problems with the bulk uploader in Youtube, that's why I suggested trying another browser temporarily.

If you have win 64 bit see if you can view Youtube media in IE. If you install some other browers and view flash media it's because your browser is a 32 bit.

Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser.

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

Why would the 64 bit version of win 7 default to use the 32 bit version of IE?? I don't think so. It doesn't here until I tricked it by copying my 32 bit version to the 64 bit folder.

Upon installation of W7 there are two shortcuts to IE in the start menu, one labelled 'Internet Explorer', which links to the 32bit version, and the other which is specifically labelled as 'Internet Explorer (64bit)'. W7 64bit does default to the 32bit version by the way. Type in 'iexplore' into the 'Run' box and you will see for yourself in task manager that it starts an instance of the 32bit IE. There is no need to 'trick' anything.

That's why we are seeing these messages about Youtube not working. There is no 64 bit flash player... so people running Win 7 64 bit are using IE 64 bit which can't show Youtube flash media.

If you have win 64 bit see if you can view Youtube media in IE. If you install some other browers and view flash media it's because your browser is a 32 bit.

Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser.

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems
I'm already well aware that IE 64bit doesn't support flash, I have informed several other users on this forum of such. That is not what I'm trying to say or even debating. Going by the initial post the problem doesn't seem related to flash playback itself, but rather a non-functioning bulk uploader within Youtube. The reason for which I have no idea.

I'm trying firefox with Fire/Universal Uploader. I see on my youtube files in the remote file view but when I drag my files to upload in the regular transfer location they are not there ?

I kinda like the Idea drop and drag and organize it on the desktop if I can get it to work ??

Suggestion on this or other uploader sights like it??

thanks

John

It must be a youtube problem I guess. I tried Firefox ,Chrome Google and still have the same issue not able to use the baulk uploader in youtube it just will not open up.
I assume it is a setting somewhere in new release W7 because the uploader worked fine in the RC W7 64 bit version.
From day 1 with the new install of W7 the 1st time going to youtube it did ask me to download a flash player and I did and was always able to play flash media and still can.
It is the uploader that stoped working for me after the new W7 install??

any more idea's

John

I have never used the bulk uploader but I tried it myself in Firefox and Chrome. I go to this page - Link Removed due to 404 Error - then it asks me to install gears. I download gears, close my browser and install. I then restart the browser and go back to the page I mentioned. I clicked on 'Add videos to the list' and select a few small clips at random, then 'Upload all videos'. Everything worked fine. I don't think you even need flash installed to be able to use this function as it's just file transfer, not playback.

At which stage do things start to fail for you?

I am having an issue with myspace and facebook on Chrom, FF, and IE8 (64 and 32 bit).
When i click 'Upload Video' my computer just freezes completely.
I have no spikes in CPU or RAM usage, it just stops, and i have to reboot it.
Any ideas?
I am running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

*EDIT* The video is only 18mb and .FLV format if it helps.
And i tried the Multi-Uploaded, and it just stays at 0%

Last edited:
Back