Windows 7 Windows 7 64bit causes aliasing in fonts, flash graphics and video games

abdullahmag

i have a Sony vaio with an ATi mobility 5650, and a Windows 7 64bit.

i have problems with aliasing in fonts, flash graphics, icons, cursor, and games.

all my drivers are up to date, and i have tried every third party utility out there to tweak my video card but no results.

the anti aliasing level of almost everything is below the acceptable level.

i had an Acer aspire before with Vista 32 bit home premium sp1, with an Nvidia geforce 9500m gs......all the graphics were crisp clear and anti aliasing was amazing.

why can't i get the same level of anti aliasing with my win7 64bit???......

i asked people with the mobility 5650 and they have no problems.....but they run on win vista or xp.

one of two reasons are to blame here, either DirectX11 (the highest candidate) or Win7 64bit.

so please someone explain whats wrong and how i can fix this.

P.S: Clear type is on, and i tried it "off", i have the latest drivers for everything, latest bios......well everything you can suggest i've already tried.

This is not a Windows 7/DirectX 11 issue.

i had an Acer aspire before with Vista 32 bit home premium sp1, with an Nvidia geforce 9500m gs......all the graphics were crisp clear and anti aliasing was amazing.
With ATI cards, open up Cataslyst Control Center -> Graphics tab -> 3D -> All tab -> For AA Set 1) application managed, 2) Box or Edge-detect, and make sure to set 3) AA quality to supersampling. Supersampling is what makes AA look right, especially in ATI cards.

4949121641_64c0f3aa02_z.jpg

4949121649_40f03068f6_b.jpg

This is not a Windows 7/DirectX 11 issue.

With ATI cards, open up Cataslyst Control Center -> Graphics tab -> 3D -> All tab -> For AA Set 1) application managed, 2) Box or Edge-detect, and make sure to set 3) AA quality to supersampling. Supersampling is what makes AA look right, especially in ATI cards.

4949121641_64c0f3aa02_z.jpg

4949121649_40f03068f6_b.jpg

yes dude i know about supersampling, but it's super super super heavy on the video card, i get less than 20fps with it.

on my nvidia it was on multisampling, not adaptive MS, just MS.....and it looked fantastic.

plus the quality of SS is the same across all the cards, its the same method of AA, but idk if ATI cards just suck at AA more than Nvidia

Back