Windows 7 Windows 7 64bit Java Problem

peter7769

Hi
Please can someone help, for a while now i have not been able to run Java programs on my windows 7 64bit machine, i know it has something to do with corrupt or missing registry settings and file associations, but just cant seem to get it to work, i have also made matters worse as before i could run them on one user account but not the other. Now i cant get them to run on either :-(
Please can anyone help??

The error message comes up saying "Could not find the main Class" whenever i double click a jar file.

Also when i download a java file/program the icon is just blank, so windows does not know how to open the file.

I am not that technical so if you could give me step by step instructions and i can try it when i get home tonight.

Thanks Pete :frown:

P.s I have downloaded and installed the lastest version of JAVA and according to the java web page it has installed correctly.

Last edited:
Thanks but that link appears to be concerened with java programming and compiling a java file to run correctly in the first place. :-(

Hi
I have no idea how it happened it must have been something i did last night, but i switched the pc on when i got home tonight and its all back working!!!

Guess it must have been after the reboot that things must have sorted themselves out, i did change a few things in the registry so it can only have been that.

Thanks anyway

Pete
biggrin.gif

Back