Windows 7 Windows 7 6956-7000 Black Desktop/Superbar problem

EyEmDi

Hi there, does anyone know about my problem? Sometimes, I get a black desktop and superbar when i start my computer. No desktop icons, no pinned apps on the superbar. all that i see is the start orb. Sometimes its okay and sometimes its not.

I dont know if it is a Driver problem. I am using the ATI Windows 7 Preview drivers before and now, i use the driver available at Windows Catalog but im still having the same problem. Before i used to vLite my installation and on my next reboot, i get the black desktop. Now i used a clean install media of Beta 1. i havent encountered the problem for a couple of days but now its back.

I am really confused.

In build 6956, i managed to minimize the Black desktop problem by using the tokens.dat of the activated 6801 but it doesnt help with build 7000.

Now, what i do is set the DWM service to manual then add the "sc start uxsms" command to startup. Because i noticed that there is no Black Desktop when started in Basic mode.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

system specs:

Athlon x2 5000+
J&W RS780UVD-AM2+ (Using Onboad Graphics)
2x1GB PC2-6400
320GB Seagate 7200.11
Lite-On DVD-RW

a suggestion...

maybe you could have got a bad .iso..
I have 3 different friends with build 7000 (not from my same version I have either)
...& I havent seen this problem...

thanks for the suggestion but i dont think i have a bad iso because the hashes are the same...

and i think its quite impossible that both my 6956 and 7000 ISOs are corrupted..

BTW, my IGP is OC'ed to 750MHz.. i'll try to revert it and see if the same problem persists..

thanks

A bad ISO either wouldn't install, or would have something missing or added, not glitchy.
It's a driver problem. Try using the Vista ATI Drivers instead of the betas, they're a very early beta driver, not optimized for 7000.

yes i'll try that later.. but from what i've remembered, WDDM 1.0 drivers for VGA does not install in 7.. but i'll still try..

oh my bad! yes they work when i use the update driver wizard on device manager but not using Catalyst Install manager.. maybe its a problem specific for Integrated Graphics Driver package.. I'm having no problems til now.. I'll report later if it happen again..

Back