Windows 7 Windows 7 7100 updates keep failing

M@|ice

i havent had a problem with any other builds as far as updates go. now i cant get some to install. anyone else having issues?

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Why not download the RC directly from MS.

It's the same build, but it's legal and you should be assured of updates working.

If you've tried one of the various "patches" out there, it could have messed up several files in the C:\windows\system32 directory.

will the legit copy upgrade over the one i have right now or am i going to have perform a fresh install?

I always do a clean install for every build that's been released. It's the only way to go.

Even though it is the same build, a clean install will ensure that all important operating system files are replaced.

I always do a clean install for every build that's been released. It's the only way to go.

Even though it is the same build, a clean install will ensure that all important operating system files are replaced.
Yes a clean install and a slight aside get a good registry checker .
Very good tip you may be surprised :rolleyes:
OK time for me to be surprised . Used the torrent win 7 100 no probs . Got the so called safe MS download nothing but probs with this forum ! Keep getting errors = wierd :)

Last edited:
alright guysi took your advice and performed a clean install and performance is much better. im now having a slight issue with windows requiring me to click my username on the logon screen each time i start my laptop. i think it was one of the RC updates i installed. either of you run accross this? i changed the logon options by doing the following......

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to launch the “Runâ€Â￾ dialog box.
  2. Type in control userpasswords2
  3. Press Enter. The User Accounts window will display.
  4. Uncheck the option “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computerâ€Â￾
  5. Click “OKâ€Â￾
  6. You will then be prompted to enter the current password and confirm it.
  7. After doing so, you will no longer be prompted to enter your password upon login.
the above did not help the issue. any ideas?

Yes a clean install and a slight aside get a good registry checker .
Very good tip you may be surprised :rolleyes:
OK time for me to be surprised . Used the torrent win 7 100 no probs . Got the so called safe MS download nothing but probs with this forum ! Keep getting errors = wierd :)

I didnt do a clean install but instead upgraded from Win 7 Build 7077 to Build 7100 RC and all my updates were successful.
But a clean install wouldn't hurt I guess.

anyone install an update giving them this issue?

.............bump?

Yes, the problem occurs periodically for me also, and seems to resolve itself over a couple of days, and several reboots. It does make me wonder if I'm actually getting updates install, or getting false positives.

anyone install an update giving them this issue?

.............bump?

The first one that failed for me was:
Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)

The last successful install before that was:
Security Update for the Office 2007 Microsoft Office System

None of the updates that have failed have ever installed yet. So I have four that give me trouble every time I try to do updates:
Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter
Update for Office 2003
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1

I'm going to try reinstalling Office 2003 (yea, I know it's old but it's what I have for now) and SQL Server at some point and see if that helps. They're legit copies that are registered and validated, so that shouldn't be causing a problem. But anyway, I'll put up another post if I have any success.

The error details and windows help are useless, FYI. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting here.

Back