Windows 7 Windows 7 7200 about to be released ?

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Link Removed - Invalid URL

According to KezNews .

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
So, Hello! I'm getting a new HDD this week, and was wondering if anyone knew when the RTM will be released. Is it worth installing 7100. or 7137, or should I just wait for the final release?:confused: Thanks for your time!

I thought there will be only one RC ..... :confused:

Ok .. it's seem very long wait to the RTM (October??), so 7200 for me, let's hope it's "leak" soon ( i am very tempted to download/install build 7137 right now).

Any Screen-shoots for 7200 (i want to see the new Aero Diamond theme :))

Also is build 7225 will be available in the same time, i am confused which branch which build (winmain/SP).

7200 is not an RC.. ;) There is and only will be one RC.. 7200 is from either the Server branch or the RTM branch.. (I'm not 100% sure which yet but it's one of them).. :) I haven't been able to find any screens yet but I have a funny feeling I'll have some by tonight.. ;) If I do I'll be sure to post them for you all to see..

7200 is not an RC.. ;) There is and only will be one RC.. 7200 is from either the Server branch or the RTM branch.. (I'm not 100% sure which yet but it's one of them).. :) I haven't been able to find any screens yet but I have a funny feeling I'll have some by tonight.. ;) If I do I'll be sure to post them for you all to see..

Hey ty good news indeed and did you manage to get onto Wzor ok ? :D

So, Hello! I'm getting a new HDD this week, and was wondering if anyone knew when the RTM will be released. Is it worth installing 7100. or 7137, or should I just wait for the final release?:confused: Thanks for your time!

According to various sources at MS partners, the RTM date is June 30. I have no idea on a GA date, but once it hits RTM, it's sure to leak.

it's worth trying 7100 it's the best yet to come out of MS.

Ya know, I'm about half tempted to email one of my volunteers who works on the Windows team, and ask him about this RC2//SP1 stuff. Although I have heard from an MS employee on another site that there will not be an RC2, and the next milestone is still RTM. Code freeze on June 7, RTM June 30.

The RTM will not be released to the general public like the Beta and RC were.. I'd suggest installing the RC (7100) and stick with it until the Retail goes life in the Fall.. ;) You won't be disappointed with the RC.. :) Just make sure you do a clean install to avoid any problems..

Fake. The changelog on the page linked to in the original post is almost identical to the one posted for 7140 a few weeks back and that was confirmed to be a rumor started by a 16 year old kid. This is the same changelog, numbers taken out (the original changelog skipped #7), and a new build number slapped on.

Build 7200 may leak some time soon, but it's not what is described on that page.

Doh! All is gloom :(
But hey! Always look on the bright side of life :D

Yeah, the change log is fake, but the build is real, and will be leaking soon, I'm sure. Also, 7225 has been confirmed as being real.

Windows 7 Forked, Builds 7200 and 7225 with Service Pack 1

Microsoft is yet to confirm any details officially

Microsoft has reportedly passed the 7200 build string milestone in the development of Windows 7. At the same time, reports indicate that the Redmond-based company is also building and testing the first Service Pack for the next iteration of the Windows client and server operating systems, even though both Windows 7 client and Windows Server 2008 R2 are yet to hit the RTM mark, let alone general availability. Wzor has leaked screenshots of Windows 7 Build 7138 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Build 7138 with Service Pack 1 already installed, and now the peek behind the Win7 scene coming from the Russian website is Windows 7 Build 7200.

According to Wzor, Windows 7 builds in the main branch, winmain, have jumped from 6.1.7141.0.winmain.090528, compiled on May 28, all the way to 6.1.7225.0.winmain.090529, wrapped up on May 29, in just a single day. Microsoft apparently passed a very important milestone in the development process of Windows 7 on May 29, but there are no details available as to what exactly happened. Still, the Redmond-based company is set to unveil all changes by the end of June 2009.

Nonetheless, it appears that the Windows 7 development process now has two directions, and two main branches. Such a move implies that Windows 7 has gone through a forking, a strategy designed to split the build tree in order to accommodate builds from two branches. Microsoft did that in the past with Windows 7 RC and RTM, and it is now doing it again with RTM and SP1.

In this context, the main branches of Windows 7, after the fork, are winmain and winmain_sp. In order to support half of the forked tree, Microsoft is also producing builds in the winmain_win7ids branch. The latest builds of Windows 7, from all branches, are 6.1.7200.0.winmain_win7ids_sp.090529; 6.1.7225.0.winmain_sp.090529 and 6.1.7225.0.winmain.090529. No official comment from Microsoft as of yet.

Screenshots are available at wzor.

Back
Top Bottom