Windows 7 Windows 7 and Microsoft Communicator 2007 R2

frogmanalien

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone is able to help with an issue with Office Communicator 2007 r2 client running on Windows 7 clients- we've sucessfully set this up on our domain and clients running XP, Vista (including Vista, Vista SP1, and Vista SP2) can all successfully log on to the communicator server- however Windows seven always fails- I think it's keberos related- but not sure how windows 7 (nor can I find anything much about it) has changed how this works- this is logged on the client during login:

Communicator was unable to authenticate to the server sip/SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.LOCAL due to following error: 0x80090342.

Resolution:
Please check that the password is correct and that the user name and SIP URI are specified correctly. If the login continues to fail, the network administrator should verify that the user account is not disabled, that it is enabled for login to the service and that the password for the account hasn't expired or been reset.

On the domain controller- I get:

0x80090342 The encryption type requested is not supported by the KDC

Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:
are the windows 7 machines upgrades or fresh loads?. I have this working in a couple of locations and have not had to do anything special. However I know some organizations change the login method for MOC when they really did not need to.

are you using only NTLM, or kerberos or both for OCS?

Communicator auth

Hi - thanks for the prompt reply! The Windows 7 machines are both clean builds, and otherwise seem ok on the domain (Exchange is ok, shares, etc.).
We're using both authentication methods (NTLM and Kerberos)
Glad to know it's working at least on someone's Windows 7- have you tried both authentication methods though?

Back