Windows Vista Windows 7 as early as next year??

superbill

Hi all

It is being hinted by microsoft that vista could be already consigned to the bucket as early as next year. To read the article see the following link from a reliable post:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Any thoughts????????

I saw this posted in the enquirer and it seems the source is Bill Gates no less.. I'm actually quite indifferent to the thought of a new os. I like vista and don't have any problems with it but if something better comes out then I may be swayed..

Hi Kemical

Yes, I like vista as well and I have spent time & money ensuring that it works well on my rig.
I am not too keen at the thought of splashing out more cash next year for another OS that might or might not prove to be any better than vista.
My own view is that Microsoft could have put more resources into improvng & upgrading vista rather than appear to give up and rush in another OS.
I will certainly not be looking to rush out and "splash my cash"next year wthout getting some indication that any new OS will be around for at least three years.

Hi superbill,

I'm pretty much with you really altho' I'll be pretty suprised if they do release 7 next year. If they do, it'll be more like an updated or refresh version of vista.

Bill Gates sounds so mysterious when he says we'll have a new version, new version of what ? Windows Vista... Like it or not, I think they've invested to much in Vista to give it up right away. At least another 3 years of Vista. I don't think they can get Windows 7 out as early as next year.

Here's my find lol :
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Just to add the link bios provides is exccellent if you want to discover about 'Minwin', something that already is being bandied around the sites..

I certainly hope Vista is here to stay. I already have a stack of reading material and want to become our office Vista expert so am hoping I am not going to invest time and money in learning this really well, jut to have it be discontinued soon.

Back
Top Bottom