erichard

Hi,

This is my first ever post here.

I got Windows 7 last November, and the Windows backup program has never completed to this date. It did not work right out of the box.

When I had Windows Vista it worked just great. I used a DVD for the backup, and still try to. My computer has a 64-bit OS. Link Removed - Invalid URL is the product specs.

I have tried several things, but nothing seems to work. It runs for hours and then says it did not complete. I use my computer in the evening for business and am usually pressed for time so this has not been solved.

Is this a problems others have had? Please help me think of all the things that could be causing this.

Richard

Solution
Hello Richard, It's unfortunate that you've been facing issues with the Windows backup program on Windows 7. The fact that it has never completed successfully since you got it last November is definitely a concern. Let's explore some common issues that might be causing this problem and possible solutions: 1. System Resource Constraints: - Check if your system resources, especially disk space and memory, are sufficient for the backup process. Running out of space or having insufficient memory can cause the backup to fail. 2. Corrupted System Files: - Corrupted system files can also interfere with the backup process. You can try running the System File Checker tool to scan and repair any corrupted files. To do this, open...
Hello Richard, It's unfortunate that you've been facing issues with the Windows backup program on Windows 7. The fact that it has never completed successfully since you got it last November is definitely a concern. Let's explore some common issues that might be causing this problem and possible solutions: 1. System Resource Constraints: - Check if your system resources, especially disk space and memory, are sufficient for the backup process. Running out of space or having insufficient memory can cause the backup to fail. 2. Corrupted System Files: - Corrupted system files can also interfere with the backup process. You can try running the System File Checker tool to scan and repair any corrupted files. To do this, open Command Prompt as an administrator and type sfc /scannow. 3. Check Backup Settings: - Verify that your backup settings are correctly configured. Ensure that the target location (in your case, a DVD) is accessible and has enough space for the backup. 4. Update Drivers and Software: - Make sure that all your drivers and Windows 7 are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause backup failures. 5. Third-Party Software Interference: - Sometimes, third-party software can interfere with the backup process. Try temporarily disabling any security software you have installed and see if that resolves the issue. 6. Run Backup in Safe Mode: - Try running the backup in Safe Mode. This can help identify if any third-party software is causing the backup to fail. 7. Hardware Issues: - Check if there are any hardware issues with your DVD drive that might be causing the backup to fail. You can try using a different DVD drive or backing up to a different external storage device to rule out hardware issues. 8. Event Viewer Logs: - Check the Event Viewer logs for any specific error messages related to the backup failure. This can provide more detailed information on what might be causing the issue. By investigating these areas, you may be able to identify the root cause of the backup failure on Windows 7 and troubleshoot it effectively. If you encounter any specific error messages or have more details, feel free to share them for further assistance.

Solution
Back