Windows 7 Windows 7 Backup

Cheemag

Extraordinary Member
My Acronis True Image 2009 failed. I didn't know that it was incompatible with Windows 7.

I made a complete backup (which I presume is an image of drive C using the Windows 7
inbuilt backup.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Acronis system, but is the built-in system as reliable as comparable paid-for products? If so, it may save me buying Acronis' latest system.

Yes it is, You can set it to do a scheduled backup? You can set it to save as many backups as you desire, I Backup daily using W7 64 Bit to a different internal drive and only save the one backup. I have used the backup function to restore and it works great. Did you make a W7 repair disc? If not you should so you do not have to use your W7 install Disc. I also use Macrium Reflect (They have a Free version) that is truly outstanding for backups I use it also but on a weekly basis to a completely different Internal HD as I have 4 internal drives. The paid version of Macrium Reflect will let you do incremental back-ups. The W7 and Macrium Reflect are as good as Acronis. The Only difference between Acronis and Macrium is Acronis has a Cloning function

Yes it is, You can set it to do a scheduled backup? You can set it to save as many backups as you desire, I Backup daily using W7 64 Bit to a different internal drive and only save the one backup.

I only back up once in a while ...

I have used the backup function to restore and it works great. Did you make a W7 repair disc?

Yes, but there have been changes since then, although as it's 'repair' I don't suppose that matters.

If not you should so you do not have to use your W7 install Disc. I also use Macrium Reflect (They have a Free version) that is truly outstanding for backups I use it also but on a weekly basis to a completely different Internal HD as I have 4 internal drives. The paid version of Macrium Reflect will let you do incremental back-ups. The W7 and Macrium Reflect are as good as Acronis. The Only difference between Acronis and Macrium is Acronis has a Cloning function

Someone else mentioned Macrium. I'll try that as well. Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom