Windows 7 Windows 7 + .bat file on a NAS : doesn't work

bigbossfr

Hi, I have a NAS (synology) and windows 7 computers. I can acces in share folder in my Filestation, all is fine. The BIG problem is : i can not execute .bat file on this share folder. It is a big problem. If i create a share folder on a Windows 7, .bat files work. On the Filestation : doesn't work. I change the Network security: LAN manager authentication level to Send LM & NTLM responses, disable UAC, add the share folder in the "Trusted Network", etc etc .... doesn't work. Please help. Thank.

Solution
It seems like you are facing issues with executing .bat files stored on a NAS (Synology) from Windows 7 computers. The inability to run batch files from the shared folder on Filestation could be due to restrictions related to network security settings. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Check File Permissions:
- Make sure that the shared folder on the NAS has the correct permissions set to allow the Windows 7 computers to execute .bat files.
- Ensure that the Windows 7 computers have the necessary permissions to access and execute files on the shared folder.

2. Network Share Settings:
- Double-check the network share settings on the NAS (Synology) to ensure that...
It seems like you are facing issues with executing .bat files stored on a NAS (Synology) from Windows 7 computers. The inability to run batch files from the shared folder on Filestation could be due to restrictions related to network security settings. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Check File Permissions:
- Make sure that the shared folder on the NAS has the correct permissions set to allow the Windows 7 computers to execute .bat files.
- Ensure that the Windows 7 computers have the necessary permissions to access and execute files on the shared folder.

2. Network Share Settings:
- Double-check the network share settings on the NAS (Synology) to ensure that it allows the execution of batch files from remote machines.
- Verify that the share settings are configured correctly to allow executable files to be run.

3. Antivirus and Security Software:
- Temporarily disable any antivirus or security software on both the NAS and Windows 7 computers to see if they are blocking the execution of batch files.

4. Windows 7 Security Settings:
- In addition to the LAN manager authentication level change you mentioned, ensure that both the NAS and Windows 7 computers are configured to allow file sharing and execution of batch files.
- Check if any firewall settings on Windows 7 are blocking the execution of files from the NAS share.

5. Test with a Simple Batch File:
- Create a simple .bat file with a basic command (e.g., echo "Hello, World!") and try running it from the NAS share to see if the issue is specific to certain batch file commands.

6. Mapping Network Drive:
- Instead of accessing the NAS share through Filestation, try mapping the shared folder as a network drive on Windows 7 and see if you can execute batch files from the mapped drive.

7. Update NAS Firmware:
- Ensure that your NAS firmware is up to date as newer firmware versions may have fixes for issues related to file execution.

8. Consult Synology Support:
- If the issue persists, you may want to reach out to Synology support for further assistance as they can provide specific guidance for your NAS model and configuration.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue with executing .bat files from the shared folder on your NAS.

Solution
Back