Windows 7 Windows 7 Boot Manager virus?

maneskinn

A month ago I downloaded Daemon Tools and it asked me to download an update, so I did. It wasn't from the official website though. I think it was from this: Disc-Tools.com it asked to me to restart my computer and now whenever I shut down my computer and try to turn it on, Windows can't start itself and I have to do start up repair a few times for it to load. I don't turn off my computer anymore because of it. Can I fix this or should I just get a new computer?

Try booting into safe mode and running a system restore back to a date before the problem started.

Can you uninstall the update or the entire Daemon Tools?

Have you run an anti-virus, like Malwarebytes?

Have you tried the Windows Bootable anti-virus?

Does the Startup Repair give you any details about what it is repairing?

What is Windows Defender Offline?

I sort of hate to go to a site where someone thinks they got a virus, but have you reported it?

Can you uninstall the update or the entire Daemon Tools?

Have you run an anti-virus, like Malwarebytes?

Have you tried the Windows Bootable anti-virus?

Does the Startup Repair give you any details about what it is repairing?

What is Windows Defender Offline?

I sort of hate to go to a site where someone thinks they got a virus, but have you reported it?
I don't have it on my computer anymore. I have Norton and I scanned my computer with that but it says everything is fine. Nope, it just does a system restore

The site you referernce, is a Daemon Tools site, or appears to be, for a version 4.5. Did you download version 5 originally?

But I don't know anything about Daemon Tools, so maybe someone else will have better info. There does show a Daemon Tools forum on the page you referenced.

If you are restoring your system and not doing a Start UP repair, something is probably loading that is causing problems. You might be able to use msconfig.exe to deselect some items from starting to test.

Back