Windows 7 Windows 7 Branding Logo Chrashed

Megat Corleone

i had change the windows 7 branding logo on logon screen and its not appeared..

what must i do to restores its back??

sorry..
my english not good..

i had change the windows 7 branding logo on logon screen and its not appeared..

what must i do to restores its back??

sorry..
my english not good..

Hi Megat,

As I understand, you have edited/made changes to the windows animated boot screen and now you are unable to revert back the changes. Please follow the below instructions to revert back the changes.

Step 1. Click on Start button > All Programs> Accessories;. Then right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

Step 2. Now enter following command and then press enter: bcdedit /set {current} locale en-US ( Spaces between bcdedit and /set and {current} and locale en-US)

Step 3. Exit Command Prompt and restart your system. Now the new animated Windows 7 boot screen should be back.

NOTE: If the above method doesn't work for you, use the following command again using Command Prompt and then restart the computer.

Go to step 1 and then type the below command and then press enter. bcdboot %WinDir% /l en-US ( Spaces between bcdedit and %WinDir% and /l and en-US) And restart your computer.
Note: The above command is for English version of Windows, if you are using some other language version, then change "en-US" to your own locale such as ja-JP, de-DE, es-ES, pt-BR, zh-CN, zh-TW, fr-FR, fi-FI and etc.

If the problem is with logon screen instead of windows animated boot screen, you may go-ahead and try this solution:
Step 1: Open the Windows Start menu and enter regedit into the search bar then right click on regedit.exe editor and then select Run As Administrator.

Step 2: Right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and select Find.

Step 3: Search for OEMBackground, which should be in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background. If the key does not exist, add a new DWORD value with the name OEMBackground.

Step 4: Double click on the entry OEMBackground, and change the value from 0 to 1. Then close registry editor.

Step 5: Download a Windows 7 background from any website and rename as backgroundDefault.jpg and place it inside the folder C:\windows\system32\oobe\info\backgrounds (images must be less than 245KB in size). Then restart your computer.
This will definitely work for you!!

Regards, Ziyad, Bangalore.

Last edited:
Back