Windows 7 Windows 7 can't find my second harddrive

Gasgat

Hi

I recently installed Windows 7 and it's been working fine but when I go to "computers" it does not display my secondary harddrive only my primary, how do I add it?

thank you

I did exactly this, and it still doesn't find my third hard drive.

Earlier I tried out Ubuntu simply from curiosity and I could access it without any trouble whatsoever.

Windows 7 just doesn't seem to see it at all.

Hi

Have you got any solution if the "Add driver Letter" isn't showing when I right-click on the HDD that my computer isn't showing? Everything is blocked except for "Delete volume" and "help" It would be great if you knew what to do.

Hi

I recently installed Windows 7 and it's been working fine but when I go to "computers" it does not display my secondary harddrive only my primary, how do I add it?

thank you

On Windows 7

Right Click My Computer
Click on Manage
Computer Management Opens
Click Disk Management
Right click on disk that does not show
Click on Change Drive Letter and Paths
Assign a new drive letter

You will now see the drive that you couldn't view.

Goto: Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools ->Computer Management -> Disk Management -> Right-Click on the Harddrive not displayed in the computer map -> Add driver letter.

Hope this works or else post a comment here.

This worked, without a problem. Thank you. Your information and explanation was great.

I have recently bought a RevoDrice Hybrid SSD/HDD, and at first, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing it under 'my computer', but I had a look at the options, and I realized that it has to be formatted and initialized first. for anyone who is having the problem where you can't see it under 'my computer', although Disk Management says it is there, here's how:

Right click 'my computer in the start menu, then click manage, then when the window loads, click disk management, right click the hard drive which your computer cant find, and click 'new simple volume', and go through the wizard and set the hard drives data allowance to the amount of space it has, then when that is done, it should stop saying 'un-collated' on the drive, an it will say the space that it has. I hope this isn't too confusing.

On Windows 7

Right Click My Computer
Click on Manage
Click Disk Management
Right click on disk that does not show

You will now see the drive that you couldn't view.

I found this old thread and it didn't solve my problem. i will list the problem/-solution-

Right Click My Computer
Click on Manage
Click Disk Management
Right click on disk ---that does not show---
-Click turn online- if it was offline
Right click on disk ---again---

Now that I know, I wont have this problem again. It is so simple :)

hey, I installed a new hard drive to be a backup drive, but it doesnt show up in my Comp Manegment nor my BIOS. Anybody got any tips???

Back
Top Bottom