Windows 7 Windows 7 clean install on newly built computer - help!!

becky13

I need help! I have put together a computer, new motherboard, processor, hard drive, everything. Now I'm trying to install Windows 7 from a boot DVD, but obviously have no drivers installed, so my computer doesn't communicate with my monitor. I guess I'm stuck between needing the driver installed, but needing Windows to install the driver? Do I need to install MS-DOS or something first? I have a completely blank hard drive. Trying to install Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. Any help appreciated!

When you run the installation disc, you should be able to see your screen. What happens in your case?

Nothing... dark screen. I know the monitor works, though :frown:, it just isn't getting a signal from the desktop - its connected with HDMI

Does your monitor have a selectable input or source?

Can you change it from HDMI to DVI or VGA?

Try what Saltgrass suggests. It is not normal that the installation disk cannot get the monitor working.

It is definitely a hardware problem. A Windows installation disc works on any virgin system.

I had the IT guys at work make the installation disk for me... maybe there is something wrong with it... I appreciate your help... may be getting back with you tomorrow :)

Becky,

It is not the disc. It's hardware. Even w/out any disc, the monitor should display... @ least the M/B BIOS. Check cable, vid car to M/B & so on... it is not the disc @ issue.

Cheers,
Drew

Back