Windows 7 Windows 7 Constant Crashing + BSOD - Please help!

Tradius

Hello!

My computer constantly crashes at random times, usually seconds after the computer starts up. It seems as if when I run apps or play games, it crashes faster. When it crashes, sometimes my screen turns staticy, or sometimes it just freezes, causing me to turn off my computer by holding down the power button. Recently, these events have been getting much worse. At first, I could be able to surf the web for a few minutes before it crashes; but now, my computer won't even get past the Startup loading screen with freezing or crashing. I have received BSOD's after a few of my crashes (not all), and I have a minidump folder attached to this thread.

I searched in my Device Manager, and Multimedia Controller and Multimedia Video Controller were the only two drivers that had yellow ! triangles. My Event Viewer does not function correctly because it says it had not been installed correctly and cannot create a snap in due to problems.

Right now, I am still using the computer, but on Safemode networking. It seems to work fine on Safemode, but whenever I try to run on normal settings, it crashes before I can even log in. I tried setting to Previous Working Settings and even tried to system restore my computer, but no dice.

Please help me fix my computer! Not being able to use my computer due to crashing has driven me nuts!

P.S. Also, my computer sometimes freaks out due to the crashing, and just forcibly turns off after the crash. Sometimes, it also beeps like crazy when I try to restart my computer after a crash.

Specs -
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version: 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description: Not Available
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
System Name: PC
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology CO. Ltd
System Model: EP45-DS3L
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Lo...
BIOS Version/Date: Award Software International, Inc. f9, 9/22/2008
SYMBIOS Version: 2.4
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
System Directory: C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale: United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "6.1.7600.16386"
Timezone: PDT
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory: 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory: 3.33 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 7.37
Page File Space: 4.00 GB
Page File: C:\pagefile.sys

If you need any more specs, please tell me! I will include them ASAP. Just please be sure to tell me how to find the specs. I'm not exactly one to be called 'computer savvy'.

Thank you very much!

This is the .zip folder of my minidump records. vvv

Attachments

• New Compressed .zip
    67.1 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Hey.

Sometimes, the Gremlins cause havoc. Unfortunately, I don't think your computer has long since they are tough ones you've got.

Or you could just remove AVG in safe mode using the special tool found here, then replace with MSE after booting back to normal mode:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

------

Daemon Tools told me to tell you that it's imperative to uninstall it from the system. It's friend sptd.sys says it would like to be removed after doing that, using the installer/uninstaller found here:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Reboot and install PowerISO as a replacement for drive emulation. Emulation part of the software remains free forever. http://www.PowerISO.com

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome !

Seems like SPTD.sys is crashing your PC so i would recommend to uninstall it completely since it's notorious for BSOD. Follow this link for instructions DuplexSecure - FAQ

Update the Following Driver

vncmirror.sys Fri Mar 14 23:13:05 2008

Post us back the results.

Hope this helps,
Captain

Hey!

Thanks for replying :). Sorry, but on the first link, which uninstaller should I download in order to remove AVG? There is AVG AV Tool (32 bit), (64 bit), and AVG Identity Protector?

Same question for the second link! Should I download 64 bit or 32 bit?

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Hey!

Thanks for replying :). Sorry, but on the first link, which uninstaller should I download in order to remove AVG? There is AVG AV Tool (32 bit), (64 bit), and AVG Identity Protector?

Code:
BugCheck A, {0, d, 0, fffff80002fe6f4c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\avgtdia.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgtdia.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgtdia.sys
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hmm.

I've removed AVG and its components, as well as uninstalled Daemon Tools manually. But when I ran the program DuplexSecure, it told me that I didn't have any SPTD installed, and asked me if I wanted to install it into my computer. Hmm?

Also, in your first post, you told me to revert back to "MSE"? How would I go about doing this?

Also, @ captain, how would I go about updating vncmirror.sys?

Thanks!

Last edited:
No, SPTD.sys is still there in the folder. But the DuplexSecure program still wants me to install it rather than uninstalling it.

I'm confident you'll figure out how to use the installer/uninstaller. If not, see DuplexSecure's faq.

vncmirror.sys is from RealVNC it's better to use something compatible with Windows 7 since they haven't updated their drivers

- Captain

Hey!

I'm still confused to what I should do with the SPTD.sys DuplexSecure program. The file is still there, but it won't let me uninstall it, because it says I don't have it installed in the first place. Should I install it and then uninstall it afterwards?

I've managed to fully remove AVG and Daemon Tools, but I haven't been able to get rid of the SPTD.sys because DuplexSecure won't read that it is already installed in my computer, and asks me to install it again. I tried to temporarily disable it, but it didn't fix my crashing problem. I can't update my vncmirror.sys driver because google can't find me any results that will update/download that specific driver.

My computer still won't get past loading the startup. Help please! Thank you!

Last edited:
I searched on Google, and I've successfully removed the SPTD folder from my registry, but the SPTD.sys file is still in my C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder. DuplexSecure won't recognize that it is in my computer, and I have no way to getting rid of it. Please help?

Hello,

Apologize for the delayed replay !!

Just go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and rename SPTD.sys to SPTD.old and reboot the System. Then regarding vncmirror.sys uninstall the VPN / Remote Desktop software you use that would resolve. Then run Start | CMD | Right Click and Run as administrator | SFC /SCANNOW

Good Luck,
Captain

You probably downloaded the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit one, from DuplexSecure.

Anyhow, follow what CJ is saying.

I'm sorry, but after my last post, I had searched on Google and completely removed SPTD from my system. I manually deleted all traces of it on my regedit as well as deleted it from the folder C:\windows\system32\devices, but my computer still won't work.

I'm sorry for not waiting for further instructions, I grew a bit impatient and somebody else who had similar problems had fixed their problems by doing this, but when I try to boot up my computer, it still won't get past the loading screen! It just freezes at that same spot.

And I downloaded both. Both don't work, especially the 32bit, since it wouldn't even let me run it.

Your impatience has really made this a much more difficult process than needed. That, along with your misunderstanding of which Windows you have.

You have Windows 7 64-bit. Now and in the future, when installing anything that has a version for both, always use the 64-bit choice of the two.

Now, this is not a classroom or school so there are no penalties or punishment lol haha. Let's see what we can do about this:

Boot to safe mode + networking. Run Ccleaner on the machine to clean the registry.

Visit C:\Windows\System32\drivers to again make sure sptd.sys is gone and that there are no file names starting with avg.

Reboot to normal mode and see how it goes.

While in safe mode + networking, post new crash dumps if there are any you haven't yet.

Yes, SPTD.sys and traces of AVG are gone from C:\Windows\System32\drivers, but it still won't start up past the Windows loading screen. I don't get any more crash dumps or BSOD's, but my computer monitor just freezes when the little colored dots combine into the Windows symbol, and I have to turn on/turn off my computer by holding the power button.

Just now, the freeze happened again to me in Safemode with Networking, but the freeze crashing seems to be much worse in Normal mode. This has only happened to me once or twice in Safemode.

Back
Top Bottom